Lead Electrical Engineer (2 YEARS CONTRACT)
Lead Electrical Engineer
Overview of Position:
Responsible for the delivery of Offshore Marine full power systems including; power generation and distribution, protection, power conversion, energy storage, control and automation (PMS), ensuring the design meets customers’ contract and regulatory requirements.
- Advance power systems engineering technical knowledge (both Marine and Topsides) within the offshore domain.
- Undertake and provide support to technical design studies using CAD, ETAP, EDSA, etc ...
- Support the engineers in monitoring project deliverables and actively engage where project teams would benefit from technical intervention.
- Review solutions developed by project teams and identify opportunities for improvement of process, system, or equipment, to prevent errors.
- Liaise with Principle Electrical Lead, Project Management and Procurement as appropriate in order to support the project and the business.
- Liaise with sub-contractors and suppliers as appropriate in order to support the project as package engineer.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to the overall project team as appropriate including Commissioning and Service.
- Improve the efficiency of the engineering process, through development and use of standard engineering solutions for projects.
- Support EIT System sales team by presenting the technical capability of the company and the technical case for solutions offered.
- Required to undertake ad-hoc duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum Degree in Engineering;
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in Marine Offshore/ Maritime industry projects;
- Working experience in design and engineering team for conceptual studies, FEED & EPC phases for topsides & marine systems;
- Experience in designing and completing E house projects for topsides projects for FPSO/LNG;
- Relevant experience in engineering design, application, testing or commissioning environment, with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Electrical power generation and distribution systems for topsides and marine vessels;
- DP Class configuration for Electrical Systems
- LV / HV switchgear and transformer specification and application;
- LV and MV synchronous generators and their associated control systems (AVRs, speed governors etc.);
- Induction and synchronous motors and their control systems;
- Propulsion / thruster variable speed drive control systems and associated automation;
- Power system control and protection;
- LV and MV variable speed drives and motors;
- Marine electrical power and propulsion systems.
- The ability to support and verify power system studies such as:
- LV & MV Protection & Co-ordination;
- Voltage drop / dip calculations;
- Load flow and fault studies;
- Harmonic (VTHD) calculations;
- MV & LV power system cabling (cable selection, rating etc.);
- Power Management Systems (PMS) or SCADA systems and their associated interfaces.
- Experience of system integration working on multi-discipline projects;
- On site commissioning of large projects;
- Excellent communication skills
- Good personal organisational skills;
- Experience in preparation of specifications, material requisitions and procurement of electrical equipment’s like power generators, switchgear, drives, motors, thrusters, etc. for offshore vessels;
- Experience in design & preparation of functional description / power management etc;
- Familiar with construction design work and 3D modelling design steps/procedures;
- Conversant with international codes and standards like IEC, IEEE, ANSI, NORSOK, DNV, LLYODS & ABS. An understanding and working knowledge of the ATEX Directives, and the installation of electrical equipment in hazardous areas
- Pay package will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview