Field Service Engineer
KONGSBERG MARITIME (UK) LTD
(Gateshead, Tyne and Wear)
The role will be based out of our Gateshead office however, the candidate should expect to travel both within the UK and Globally on a regular basis. The service engineer will work within a team of multi skilled service engineers supporting our customers throughout the world. On most projects the engineer will be representing Kongsberg Maritime on site, working alongside shipyard or vessel staff. To follow lead from Senior and Team Lead members, to assist and support the project within its life cycle/completion date. The role is Electrical Control biased but mechanical knowledge and skills would be advantageous.
- Assist in on-site overhaul / repair of control systems on board customer vessels
- Assist in Install and commission upgrades to control systems
- Assist in Commission new Kongsberg equipment including steering gear control systems
- Maintain and update all necessary technical documentation
- Potential sea trials on Kongsberg equipment
- Internal office support when not deployed on company business.
- Ensure all work is carried out on accordance with applicable legal and Company procedures, including Health & Safety policies
- other suitable tasks as deemed appropriate by the business.
- Follow company Policy & procedure
- Ensure compliance to company HSE
Off-Site Project Accountabilities
- Asssit in Delivery of projects to spec and on time all within timeframe
- Assist in Execution and maintenance of detailed project / risk management plans.
- Assist in Tracking and progress of the tasks
- Customer interface and reporting/when deemed competent
- Assist in Managing and adjusting Project Team resources across multiple projects.
- Attendance at key client meeting on site when required
- Interact internal/external including any 3rd party groups involved in our work scope off site.
- While off site direct reporting to Service team lead.
Key Experiences and any Qualification
- Time served
- Recognised qualification
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with marine products
- Customer Focus
- Results Driven
- Problem Solving
- Strong understanding and knowledge of a range of marine products, systems and applications
- Ability to travel worldwide on a regular basis at short notice
- Valid Passport or other current permission to work in the UK
KMCM Core Values
Role Specific Dimensions
- Internal interfaces: Engineering, Operations, Project Support, Client Interface Off-Site
- External Interfaces: Customer, Suppliers, 3rd Parties