Dynamic positioning system modes and functions
Our dynamic positioning systems can be operated in a variety of different modes.
Depending on the application, our dynamic positioning systems can include the following operational modes:
- Joystick: The joystick mode allows the operator to control the vessel manually using a joystick for position and heading control.
- Joystick high-speed: The joystick high-Speed mode allows the operator to manoeuvre the vessel manually at normal cruising/manoeuvring speeds
- Auto heading: The auto heading mode automatically maintains the required heading
- Auto position: The auto position mode automatically maintains the required position and heading
- Mixed joystick/auto: The mixed joystick/auto mode allows the operator to select automatic control of either one or two of the surge, sway and yaw axes
- Follow target: The Follow target mode enables the vessel to automatically follow a moving target
- Anchor assist: The anchor assist mode provides thruster assistance when operating within a mooring pattern
- Autopilot: The Autopilot mode enables the vessel to steer automatically on a predefined course
- ROT pilot: The ROT pilot mode allows the operator to manoeuvre the vessel using Rate Of Turn control
- Auto track: The auto track modes (low-speed, move-up and high-speed) make the vessel follow a specified track described by a set of waypoints. All Auto Track modes are for marine operations only and are not to be used for navigation purposes
- Track line: The track line mode enables the vessel to follow a constant Course Over Ground (COG). The Track Line mode is for marine operations only and are not to be used for navigation purposes
Special application functions for offshore loading, pipe laying, floating production etc.
- Thruster allocation
- Black-out prevention
- Uniform operator interface for maximum safety and simplicity including dedicated buttons and a Windows® environment
- On-line DP capability analysis
- Alarm and message reporting
- Trend displays
- Built-in trainer
- Remote diagnostics