Kongsberg Maritime has 50 years of experience with marine refit, retrofit and conversions. These upgrades have proven to reduce operational costs and increase efficiency. Kongsberg Maritime has the experience, skills and products necessary to make your upgrade our next success story. A highly dedicated and specialized team focused solely on upgrades is ready to revitalize your vessel.
How we work
To make sure all refit installations are a success, Kongsberg Maritime follows a four step procedure consisting of:
- Site survey: Our specialist carries out a site survey and prepares a site report. This report includes a suggested system layout, a detailed project milestone plan and a cost analysis. This forms the basis for a delivery contract.
- Engineering: The system is carefully tailored to meet customer requirements and is outlined in a design document for final customer approval.
- Installation: This can be performed while the ship is in service or during docking, either by our own team of technicians and installation company, or the customers own staff under supervision of our engineers.
- Commissioning & training: Our team of experienced commissioning engineers ensures the system(s) are set up and are performing to agreed specifications. These engineers can also take care of all needed onboard crew training.
All systems are fully developed, tested and proven through a large number of installations all over the world.
Our portfolio includes vessels of all trades and sizes including:
- Supply vessels, research vessels, ferries, container vessels, tankers, LPG tankers, LNG tankers, bulk carriers, shuttle tankers, drill ships, FPSO, FPU and seismic vessels.
Kongsberg Maritime has extensive experience replacing our previous generations of in-house systems from Norcontrol and Autronica, and have also replaced a number of other supplier's equipment such as ABB, Honeywell, Lyngsø, Mitsui, Siemens, Valmarine and Woodward. We endeavour to find a solution tailored to your vessels needs and no challenge is too big for KONGSBERG.
Our products are certified by major classification societies. While marine electronics manufacturers come and go, we have 50 years of experience that says we will be here tomorrow.
An upgrade of an older system will reduce maintenance cost and increase the lifetime of the system. While upgrading you have the opportunity to install new concepts for your systems.
Scalable and expandable
The modular nature of our systems makes them particularly suited to replace existing functionality without costly redesign. Further upgrades can be done at any time. We maintain a dedicated staff of engineers who are constantly developing new functions and features for our systems.
Ensuring your systems have a long and useful life is important to Kongsberg; current technologies and commercial-off-the-self (COTS) hardware and software are used wherever possible.
We have an extensive global support network to assist you wherever and whenever it is convenient for you and your ship.