Engine Room Resource Management Course (ERM)
ERM is a course for all Maritime engineers with maritime engineer certificate or ships electrician certificate.
Do you need more knowledge and skills about Human Factors at sea? Most of accidents / near misses are caused by lack of Human Factor awareness.
The learning objectives of the course is in accordance with NMA to give the participants an increased understanding of human factors at sea, to prevent incidents and close-calls and to handle critical situations in an operational context. The main goal is to give the course participants Improved leadership and resource management. The ERM course will normally and advantageously include training together with Bridge Resource Management. (Not requirement)
In addition we deliver customized courses in compliance with IMO Model Course 1.22 and 2.07 that are tailor made to customer needs, highlighting company procedures & checklists with a possibility to model simulator exercises to specific vessels or areas.
Duration of the course with simulator training and theory is 2 days (16 hours), in addition to an e-learning module (4 hours) which should be done in advance on web/pads.
The course starts at 10:00 AM on Day 1, and ends at 16:00 PM Day 2.
The course covers compulsory topics from NMA both with e-learning, theory, cases and discussions:
- How can you build successful teams?
- Qualities in teamwork
- Leadership work and situational leadership
- Leading self
- Why is Emotional competence important for leaders?
- Effective communication, active listening, closed loop
- Why Situational awareness could be so difficult, and so important
- Creating mental models in your team – how do you do that?
- Cultural understanding in a team context
- Stress & fatigue – how can this affect the safety onboard?
- Motivation, what about intrinsic & extrinsic motivational factors?
- How can we manage Conflict handling?
- Values, attitudes and norms; how will that affect your team/behavior?
- Finding root causes Human Factors
- Crisis management – how do you handle the unexpected?
- Simulator training in all topics above
- Briefings and debriefs
All Maritime engineers with maritime engineer certificate or ships electrician certificate.
PDF CORSE DESCRIPTION
For course booking, please contact our Training Centre at email@example.com
Courses with future dates
Date Duration Subject Location Price