DP Maintenance Upgrade Course
Kongsberg Maritime’s three day DP K-POS Maintenance Upgrade Course provides the training as recommended in the latest International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) guidelines (M117 Rev.2) in addition to compliance with IMO-STCW Part B section B-V/f.
The course is designated for participants that have attended KONSGERG SDP Maintenance Course before.
After the course the successful participant is able to:
- Identify and exchange faulty units, with spares from onboard stock, to bring the K-Pos system back into operation
- Perform correct periodic maintenance
- Communicate with Kongsberg Maritime service personnel when Assistance is needed
- Electrical/electronic engineers (ETO) and maintenance personnel onboard who are involved in the periodic maintenance of the DP control system.
- Personnel due to work with a vessel that has been upgraded from SDP to K-Pos
- Successfully completed KONGSBERG SDP Maintenance Course.
- In order to fully benefit from this course, the participants should have general knowledge of electronics and computer-based control systems.