Measurement techniques & Instrumentation
- For most kind of testing work, in model- or full-scale, the accuracy and reliability of control and measuring equipment is of great importance. In cavitation tunnel testing, where the environmental conditions are often quite extreme (moisture, low pressure, vibrations), the quality of measuring and control systems becomes a critical matter. Most dynamometers, gauges etc. have to be tailor made for their purposes and it is necessary not only to find the best components in the systems, but also to have specialists designing, building and maintaining them. KHRC has the necessary competence and experience provided by our measurement engineers. In addition, for the testing work related to our core business, they are responsible for the development of measuring techniques for all kinds of unusual measurements.
- Typical dynamometers available at KHRC are:
- Thrust and torque 2-component dynamometers.
- 1-component dynamometers for axial nozzle/rudder force measurements.
- 5 component dynamometers for thruster stay, single propeller blade or rudder force/torque measurements.