- Self-propulsion simulations using virtual propeller model or sliding mesh technique with the real propeller geometry represented.
- Iterative rpm adjustment to balance propeller thrust and hull resistance.
- Prediction of delivered power to the propeller (PD), propeller shaft speed (n) and propulsior-hull interaction coefficiencts (WT, t, hR).
- The hull is free to move in trim and sinkage and the method calculates the free surface and wave resistance using 2-phase (water and air) flow, transient RANS and the SST-kΩ turbulence model.
- The simulation can be done with fixed trim and sinkage and without hull waves for quicker relative comparisons.