Propeller or thruster unit open water
- Simulation of propeller or thruster unit performance in homogeneous inflow over a range of advance velocities (J) and shaft speed combinations, at one or several pitch settings.
- Prediction of propeller open water characteristics (KT, KQ, h0) and propeller design optimisation.
- Fully viscous RANS method using SST-kΩ turbulence model.
- A hybrid mesh technology with wall function. Y+ values at full-scale of 30-60 and at model-scale approx. 1 to ensure adequate near wall treatment.
- The mesh size is less than 10 million cells and the majority of the cells are located close to the propeller.