Differential Absolute & Relative Position Sensor
DARPS - Differential Absolute & Relative Position Sensor is a DP position reference system tailor made for offshore loading operations. The DARPS system combines high-performance sensors for reliable and accurate absolute and relative positioning of two vessels such as a shuttle tanker and an FPSO/FSU. The DARPS has proven itself over and over again in harsh environments worldwide.
- Combining GPS and GLONASS
- Multiple differential correction support
- High-precision absolute and relative position
- Real-time compensation of errors introduced by high ionospheric activity
- Ease-of-use Human Machine Interface tailored to safety critical DP operations
- Available for both shuttle tanker and FPSO/FSU
- Lever arm compensation
- Extended interfacing capabilities
- Multiple UHF links ensure reliable and safe operations
- Automatic data recording functionality
- Optional bridge wing speed repeaters
Using UHF transceivers, relative position is determined through GPS data transmission between vessels or between vessels and loading buoys.
- DARPS 132 is based on GPS dual frequency and SBAS
- DARPS 232 uses dual dual frequency GPS/GLONASS and SBAS
UHF frequency configuration flexibility ensures maximum availability of the data links.
Utilizing the latest in state-of-the-art GPS technology, the DARPS Transponder is tailored to applications demanding extremes in reliability and accuracy in relative position between any vessel and platform or FPSO during loading or reloading. The DARPS Transponder represents the next generation in relative GPS (RGPS) position systems.
We have been developing and manufacturing GPS based marine tracking systems for more than a decade. The DARPS Transponder combines this continually growing base of experience and innovation with the latest GPS technical advances and offers an ideal relative position solution for today's increasing need for position reference during various offshore operations.