Swing-up TCNS / TCNC azimuthing thruster
In operation, it functions as an azimuth thruster and is designed to develop maximum bollard pull in the manoeuvring condition, or to provide positioning power for station keeping.
Developed for maximum bollard pull for optimal manoeuvring
In the lowered position these thrusters act as azimuth thrusters, vectoring thrust in any desired direction for propulsion or station keeping. When raised it swings-up into a garage so that nothing extends below the ships baseline. Combi units swing-up into a specially shaped recess in the hull so it can function as a tunnel thruster in the raised position, and as an azimuth thruster when lowered. They also function well as a ‘get you home’ emergency propulsor. Available in powers from 880 to 3,000kW.
- Provides added safety as a “get-you-home” drive.
- Thruster swings up into a housing in the hull when not in use.
- Can quickly be swung down into operation position.
- Quick conversion from operational to stored thruster position.
- Thruster is 360° rotatable.
- Designed for max. bollard pull in manoeuvring condition, and can also be used in stand-by condition.
- Available in CP and FP propeller.
- Electric or direct diesel driven.
- Can be delivered as containerised unit.
|Unit type||Unit type||TCNS/TCNC 73/50-180||TCNS/TCNC 92/62-220||TCNS/TCNC 120/85-280**|
|Max. power (kW)||Max. power (kW)||880||2000*||3000|
|Input speed (rpm)||Input speed (rpm)||1800||1800||720-750|
|Weight (kg)||Thruster w/ steering gear||9500||17000||45000|
|Weight (kg)||+ Hull module||10000||17000||50000|
** Delivery upon special request
* For electric drive only
Services and support
CONVERSIONS, RETROFIT AND REFIT
We understand the importance of having the right parts, available in the right place, at the right time.
Ensure that your crew is properly and thoroughly trained. This will reduce operational risk, downtime and maximise return on asset investment.