Multibeam Sonar - M3 Sonar HF
The M3 Sonar HF is a high-frequency sonar with imaging and profiling modes. It is an impressive upgrade to the original M3 Sonar, with an all-titanium construction and two-hundred percent higher resolution.
Delivering superior image quality and coverage, the M3 Sonar HF provides high-quality distortion-free images over a 140° sector, reducing the time it takes to search for and locate targets. This versatile multibeam sonar offers both imaging and profiling capabilities.
Imaging data gathered from the M3 Sonar HF is high resolution, with cm-level feature detection capabilities that can be exported to a GeoTiff image. Features can be detected in imagery data that are not apparent in traditional bathymetric data. In addition, using the M3 Sonar HF with a third-party software driver, such as SoundTiles software, provides automatically-mosaiced images.
The M3 Sonar HF also provides excellent bathymetric data at very low cost. For profiling, using this sonar with HYPACK Hysweep provides 3D point-cloud data.
- 4000 m depth rating
- 700 kHz long-range mode up to 100 m
- Excellent resolution and full 140° coverage at 950 kHz
- 1200 kHz and 1400 kHz for the highest resolution up close for target and feature identification
- Portable enough to be deployed on an ROV or a Pole Mount
- Distortion-free images at a high update rate
- User-friendly interface
- CHIRP and Doppler modes of operation
- Significant time savings
- Pipeline survey and inspection
- Gas-leak detection and seep monitoring
- Fish behaviour monitoring
- Fish habitat mapping
- Infrastructure inspection
- Dredge monitoring
- Cable laying and trenching
Services and support
24/7 Technical support
Our 24/7 technical support team is there to help at any time, day or night, wherever your vessel is.
Conversions, retrofit and refit
We understand the importance of having the right parts, available in the right place, at the right time.
Ensure that your crew is properly and thoroughly trained. This will reduce operational risk, downtime and maximise return on asset investment.