EM 2042 Multibeam Echosounder - Unlocking the secrets of the seafloor
Small in size, but powerful in potential, the EM 2042 Multibeam Echosounder is efficient, light, robust and reliable: delivering high-density, high-resolution, clean data in the most demanding marine environments.
With simple installation and failure free operation, the EM 2042 has been designed for use on a wide variety of vessels. It’s accuracy, versatility and stability, with real/true yaw stabilisation, extends weather windows and optimises survey duration – giving you the data you need, when you need it.
Easy to deploy, and energy efficient to run, the EM 2042 sets a new standard in shallow water seabed mapping – unlocking understanding for sustainable ocean space development.
- 60% lighter than EM 2040, allowing deployment on a range of vessel sizes, including unmanned surface vessels (USVs)
- Market leading clean data acquisition thanks to high fidelity in-house INS integration (Seapath)
- Advanced beam steering to meet stringent requirements for data density and resolution
- Reduced power consumption
- True Multifrequency backscatter
- Easy installation, set-up and configuration – with mounting either on a ship’s hull or ‘over the side’, and automatic system detection and set-up (Seapath and EM)
- Real/true yaw stabilisation to help maximise weather windows
- Designed to allow rapid change of sonar heads, while comprehensive service and support is available 24/7 through KONGSBERG’s global network
- No need for export licences or other legacy considerations
Services and support
24/7 Technical support
Our 24/7 technical support team is there to help at any time, day or night, wherever your vessel is.
Conversions, retrofit and refit
We understand the importance of having the right parts, available in the right place, at the right time.
Ensure that your crew is properly and thoroughly trained. This will reduce operational risk, downtime and maximise return on asset investment.