Unmanned Surface Vehicle, Sounder
The award-winning KONGSBERG Sounder USV system is a multi-purpose unmanned surface vehicle system with a unique hull design to ensure high performance for hydroacoustic applications.
The Sounder Unmanned Surface Vehicle - USV supports quick and easy change of payload and is adaptable for both hull and bow mounted systems. KONGSBERG’s K-MATE autonomy system provides safe navigation and control of the system, capable of direct remote control, supervised or autonomous operation *. A robust and reliable propulsion system and hull design ensures safe sailing for up to 20 days.
* Our autonomous unmanned systems are designed to be compliant with current legislation with the forewarning that we can’t predict all scenarios and outcomes. To enable safe operation we recommend real-time supervision of unmanned surface vehicles to promote best-practise and safe operations.The unique hull design ensures high performance for hydroacoustic applications.
Multi-purpose USV Platform
With a spacious moonpool and rack mount, the Sounder USV System is a flexible and adaptive platform for different applications. The onboard power generation provides enough power to operate several payloads at once. The payload is installed in the moonpool, though customisation allows installation in the keel or even bow mounted equipment.
It’s all about the data
Throughout the entire design process, focus has been on creating an optimal platform for hydroacoustic payload sensors, and maximum endurance while retaining the ability to transport the vessel in standard shipping containers, allowing for efficient deployment anywhere in the world. The hull shape ensures smooth sailing through the water, eliminating aeration and minimizing drag. A slim bow and the stabilizing fins dampen roll and pitch movement while the three rudders provide exceptional manoeuvrability.
The Sounder USV System is designed to perform for hydro-acoustic applications, from fish finding and fishery research to seabed mapping. With KONGSBERG’s range of sonars and echosounders, the Sounder is a versatile platform for many applications; a holistic solution from the world leading manufacturer of professional sonars and autonomous vehicles.
Significant heritage combined with world class innovation
KONGSBERG works in collaboration with Norsafe AS as our hull partner. With Norsafe’s 100+ years of experience as a boat builder and KONGSBERG’s 30+ years of experience with autonomous underwater vehicles for demanding applications, the Sounder USV System is a reliable platform with innovative solutions designed to do the work, every time.Fitted with the world leading fishery sonar, the Simrad SX90, along with the ES80, the Sounder USV System provides detection and classification of fish schools from a remote location at a fraction of the current cost
The Sounder USV System is designed to operate globally, easy to transport and deploy with containerized shipping. Our combined global network of service and support ensures that owning and operating a Sounder USV System is safe and efficient. Our USV fleet management system helps to keep
- AUV USBL position aiding
- Seismic support
- LBL/USBL calibration and position fix
MULTIBEAM ECHO SOUNDER
- Hydrographic surveys
- Harbor surveys
SCIENTIFIC AND RESEARCH
- Custom payload installation in moonpool, hull or bow
- CTD measurement with winch
- Fish detection, classification and tracking using SX90 fishery sonar and ES80 echosounder
- Length: 8m
- Beam: 2.2m
- Height: 2.3 / 4.4m (mast down/up)
- Draft: 0.7m
- Weight: 4,200kg – ready to operate
- Propulsion: 125hp Steyr diesel engine with fixed pitch propeller
- Speed: 12 knots (max)
- Endurance: Up to 20 days @ 4 knots
- Payload power: > 4 kW @ 4 knots
- Control: K-MATE autonomy engine for direct, supervised and autonomous operation
- Communication: Maritime Broadband Radio/Iridium (VSAT optional)
Services and support
24/7 Technical support
Our 24/7 technical support team is there to help at any time, day or night, wherever your vessel is.
CONVERSIONS, RETROFIT AND REFIT
We understand the importance of having the right parts, available in the right place, at the right time.
Ensure that your crew is properly and thoroughly trained. This will reduce operational risk, downtime and maximise return on asset investment.