Modular and scalable sensor carrier
Long term on-site deployment
Electric power to the sensors is provided by integral battery packs, allowing long term on-site deployment with minimal intervention. Intelligent algorithms within the built-in Data Processing Unit (DPU / Mastermind) enable integration of data from multiple sensor sources.
The incoming data is stored and processed within the DPU to create a comprehensive environmental model, as opposed to plain event logging. Alerts or a whole dataset can be communicated to the surface based on defined user specified trigger events.
Communication between the hub of the MSM (K-Lander), other subsea nodes and the surface (via HiPAP or µPAP transducers) is handled by the field-proven KM cNODE technology and the proprietary Cymbal acoustic protocol.
- Flexible sensor carrier
- Long deployment time
- Integrated power supply and data processing
- Easy operation and recovery
K-Lander Application Example – Environmental Monitoring
Kongsberg Maritime has been contracted to deliver two K-Lander systems for an environmental and climate monitoring project to the UiT - University in Tromsø, Norway.
The trawl-proof sensor carrier platform will be a central component of the CAGE (Centre for Arctic Gas Hydrate, Environment and Climate) seafloor observatory. The K-Lander combines new developments from Kongsberg Maritime Embient with already existing components from Kongsberg Maritime:
- K-Lander design and component integration by Kongsberg Maritime Embient
- cNODE systems from Underwater Navigation for positioning and communication
- M3 Sonar from KONGSBERG for hydro-acoustic gas or leakage detection
- C0 2 , CH 4 measurements from Kongsberg Maritime Contros GmbH