Singlebeam echo sounder, shallow and medium waters
The EA440 is a hydrographic multi frequency echo sounder with wide band technology. The EA440 has been developed for use in shallow to medium depth waters. A variety of highly efficient transducers are available to suit all of your operational needs, from extreme shallow (0.2m) down to 3000 m water depths.
- The EA440 is a high precision hydrographic echo sounder.
- Multiple applications Hydrographic, sidescan and sub-bottom light
- Up to eight simultaneous channels
- Frequencies from 38 kHz to 500 kHz
- Sub-bottom functionality at 15 kHz
- CW/FM pulse forms
- Easy to install on Windows computers
- Roll, pitch and heave compensation
- True raw data logging
- World class bottom detection
- WBT standard: 4 channels, range from 10 to 500 kHz, power 500 W
- The EA also supports the previous version transceiver unit, the General Purpose Tranceiver (GPT)
MULTIPLE FREQUENCIES AVAILABLE
Up to eight transceiver channels can be operated simultaneously from the EA440. For improved performance the transceivers are installed close to the transducers and linked to the combined display and processor via a single Ethernet cable. The available frequencies range from 10 to 500 kHz.
The EA440 echo sounder utilizes the Microsoft Windows® operating system, providing users with maximum flexibility and ease of operation. It can be operated by mouse, track ball or via user-defined shortcuts.
HIGH RESOLUTION SIDESCAN FUNCTION
The EA has a sidescan function that is ideal for object detection, morphology of the sea bed, dredging control and obstacle and wreck detection.
Objects in the side-scan view can be marked by a mouse click and the position information will be stored. This data can then be exported real time to external software if connected to a GNSS positioning and heading device. The KONGSBERG software Sonar Mosaic is available for this purpose.
With an extra zoom function interesting targets or objects can be scaled up for detailed inspection. The zoom area is freely adjustable, and the window can be positioned as an overlay on any part of the side-scan echogram.
The EA440SP is a splashproof version of the standard EA440, making it the perfect portable echo sounder for surveying in shallow water depths in small and open boats. The system consists of a Wide Band Transceiver (WBT) housed in a rugged and splashproof (IP56) protective suitcase with a computer.