GeoSwath 4 Multibeam echosounder, Shallow Water
KONGSBERG GeoSwath 4 offers very efficient simultaneous swath bathymetry and side scan seabed mapping with accuracies that have been shown to exceed the IHO Standards for Hydrographic Surveys.
- Ultra high resolution swath bathymetry
- IHO SP-44, special order
- Co-registered geo-referenced side scan
- Frequency versions: 125, 250, 500 kHz
- Up to 12 times water depth coverage
- 240º view angle
- Dual transducer set-up with versatile mounting options
- Full software solution included: data acquisition, processing, presentation
- Interfaces to all customary peripheral sensors
- Interfaces to all customary software packages
- AUV and ROV versions
- Cost effective frequency upgrades
- Range of transducer mounts including underwater housing for peripheral sensors
- Range of cable options
- Special rates on third party software
The GeoSwath 4 turn-key solution comprises a dual transducer head with versatile mounting options as well as a deck unit containing the complete sonar electronics together with a high spec PC, running the GeoSwath 4 software. The software provides full acquisition, calibration and data processing capabilities for producing the final bathymetry map and side scan mosaic data products. All customary ancillary sensors can be directly interfaced.
Dual Transducer wet end
The rugged port and starboard transducers, available in three frequency options (125, 250, 500 kHz), can be attached to a supplied sonar head assembly for boat over-the side or bowmount options, which also can accommodate a range of ancillary sensors. Alternatively they can be deployed on bespoke boat hull mount, as well as bespoke ROV and AUV assemblies.
The compact workstation contains the complete system electronics as well as a high spec PC. All peripheral sensors (position, motion, heading, transducer face sound velocity, sound velocity profiler and tide) are interfaced directly.
Operating on Windows XP, the GeoSwath 4 software package provides a complete project based solution, including acquisition, storing and editing of sonar and ancillary data, gridbased patch test calibration, data processing with audit trail, advanced bathymetry data gridding and side scan mosaicing, data visualisation including 3D fly-through capability