Simrad WBT Tube
The Simrad WBT Tube is a subsea version of the highly efficient Wide Band Transceiver (WBT) used by marine research vessels all around the world. Its energy efficient design makes it perfect for installation on a wide range of subsea platforms and vehicles.
The WBT Tube is a scientific echo sounder transceiver designed for subsea applications. The transceiver electronics in the WBT Tube have the same linear FM (chirp) and CW pulse forms as the Simrad EK80 Wide Band Transceiver (WBT).
The WBT Tube contains two independent echo sounder boards. Each contains four individual transceiver channels with multiplexing functionality. This allows for great flexibility when you setup a system with various split-or single beam transducer configurations. The WBT Tube is designed for long term use down to 4000 meters water depth. It requires an external power supply. Two versions are available, one for 15 VDC operation, and one for 20 to 50 VDC.
The WBT Tube is used with a computer running the EK80 echo sounder software. The EK80 software provides full real time control of the WBT Tube using an Ethernet interface.
- Simrad EK80
- Power and Ethernet
- A member of the Simrad EK80 wideband echo sounder family
- Depth rated to 4000 m
- Two independent echo sounder transceivers in one unit
- Eight independent channels with built-in multiplexing available
- Controlled by standard Simrad EK80 echo sounder software
- Low power consumption
- Wide range of transducers available
- Remotely Operated Vehicles
- Sensor on probes
- Environmental monitoring on subsea structures