CH4 FT - Methane sensor - Accurate long-term
The CONTROS HydroC CH4 is a unique surface methane partial pressure sensor designed for flow through applications like pumped stationary systems (e.g. monitoring stations) or ship based underway systems (e.g. FerryBox). Fields of application include: Climate studies, methane hydrate studies, limnology, fresh water control, aquaculture / fish farming.
All sensors are individually calibrated using a water tank, which simulates the expected water temperatures and gas partial pressures. A proven reference system is used to verify the CH4 partial pressures in the calibration tank. This process ensures that the CONTROS HydroC CH4 sensors achieves excellent short and long term accuracy.
Water is pumped through the flow head of the CONTROS HydroC CH4 sensor. Dissolved gases diffuse through a custom made thin film composite membrane into the internal gas circuit leading to a detector chamber, where the CH4 concentration is determined by means of Tunable Diode Laser Absorption Spectroscopy (TDLAS).
Concentration dependent laser light intensities are converted into the output signal taking additional sensors within the gas circuit into account.
- High accuracy and low detection limit of background concentration
- Large measuring range
- Optimal long-term stability
- Ideal methane selectivity
- Non-consuming CH 4 measurement
- Very robust
- User-friendly 'Plug & Play' principle; all required cables, connectors and software are included
- Data logger
- Easy integration into FerryBox applications
- Analogue output: 0 V - 5 V