Bergen B36:45L generating set
Choose Rolls-Royce Bergen engines for cost-effective operation
The Bergen B-series is based on a modular design, which gives a flexible platform and at the same time carries forward the Bergen traditional values as a robust and reliable engine.
The selection of technology was done after consulting a broad range of operators, designers and shipbuilders, to establish the qualities they prize in an engine. This engine series was first introduced to the market in 2014 as a diesel engine, and the gas version followed in 2018. It is available in several in-line or Vee cylinder variants for both diesel and gas, and is equally suitable for mechanical transmission or as a marine generating set.
Main benefits for ship yards:
- Easy installation
- Aligned piping at pump-end for easy connection
- New resilient mounting (no need of welding brackets)
Main benefits for ship owners:
- IMO Tier III compliant without SCR
- Single fuel = single bunkering
- No lubricating oil separator needed
- Fast load response
- Cleaner engine room and no smoke emission
- Extremely low methane slip at all engine loads
- Cylinder Pressure Monitoring (CPM) for improved load control, and possibility for diagnostics per cylinder
- Exceptionally low emissions of NOx, CO2, SOx and particulate
- No “switch over” problems - ref ECA or port regulations
- Long-term compliance with local port regulations and potential benefits from taxation/green port dues
- VVT – Variable Valve Timing for optimum response and load increase
- Gas safe (double wall piping)
- Possible conversion from gas to diesel and vice versa
- Wastegate turbocharger to ensure optimised fuel/air ratio at varying ambient conditions for lean-burn operation
|Number of cylinders||6||8||9|
|Mean piston speed||m/s||10.8/11.2||10.8/11.2||10.8/11.2|
|Max.cont rating (MCR)||kW||3450/3600||4600/4800||5175/5400|
|Max.cont rating altern, (h=0.97)||kWel||3347/3492||4462/4656||5020/5238|
|Max.cont rating altern, (Cos f=0.8)||kVa||4184/4365||5576/5820||6275/6548|
|Max.cont rating altern, (Cos f=0.9)||kVa||3833/4000||4958/5173||5578/5820|
|Mean effective pressure (BMEP)||bar||21||21||21|
|Specific energy consumption||kJ/kWh||7420||7420||7420|
|Specific lubricating oil consumption||g/kWh||0.4||0.4||0.4|
|Cooling water temp. engine outlet||oC||90||90||90|
- The performance data is based on: Marine gas engine ratings are according to ISO 3046-1, at maximum 45°C ambient air temperature and maximum 32°C sea water temperature. Specific fuel gas consumption given at 100% load and no engine driven pumps, running on natural gas with Methane number above 70 and net calorific value of 36 MJ/nm3. To include 3 engine driven pumps, add 1.3%. Gas feed temperature is 20-40°C. Minimum gas feed pressure to Gas Regulating Unit to be 5,5 barg.
- Waste heat recovery: Necessary data for arranging waste heat recovery plants (exhaust gas and cooling water) are available upon request.
- Note: Due to continuous development, some data may be changed without notice.
|ENGINE TYPE||A||B||C||D||E||WEIGHT DRY ENGINE||WEIGHT GENERATOR|
|B36:45L6A||3700||5700||9400||2840||4100||48300 kg||17000 kg|
|B36:45L8A||3800||6600||10400||3045||4400||60600 kg||20700 kg|
|B36:45L9A||3850||7050||10900||3045||4400||62400 kg||21600 kg|
* Weight dry engine excludes generator.
Services and support
How can I help you?
is the exclusive distributor of Rolls-Royce medium speed engines for commercial marine applications
Kongsberg Maritime P.O.Box 483, NO-3601 Kongsberg, Norway