Bergen B36:45L generating set
Choose Rolls-Royce Bergen engines for cost-effective operation
The Bergen B-series is based on a modular design, which gives a flexible platform and at the same time carries forward the Bergen traditional values as a robust and reliable engine.
The selection of technology was done after consulting a broad range of operators, designers and shipbuilders, to establish the qualities they prize in an engine. This engine series was first introduced to the market in 2014 as a diesel engine, and the gas version followed in 2018. It is available in several in-line or Vee cylinder variants for both diesel and gas, and is equally suitable for mechanical transmission or as a marine generating set.
Main benefits for ship yards:
- Easy installation
- Aligned piping at pump-end for easy connection
- New resilient mounting (no need of welding brackets)
Main benefits for ship owners:
- IMO Tier III compliant without SCR
- Single fuel = single bunkering
- No lubricating oil separator needed
- Fast load response
- Cleaner engine room and no smoke emission
- Extremely low methane slip at all engine loads
- Cylinder Pressure Monitoring (CPM) for improved load control, and possibility for diagnostics per cylinder
- Exceptionally low emissions of NOx, CO2, SOx and particulate
- No “switch over” problems - ref ECA or port regulations
- Long-term compliance with local port regulations and potential benefits from taxation/green port dues
- VVT – Variable Valve Timing for optimum response and load increase
- Gas safe (double wall piping)
- Possible conversion from gas to diesel and vice versa
- Wastegate turbocharger to ensure optimised fuel/air ratio at varying ambient conditions for lean-burn operation
|Number of cylinders||6||8||9|
|Mean piston speed||m/s||10.8/11.2||10.8/11.2||10.8/11.2|
|Max.cont rating (MCR)||kW||3450/3600||4600/4800||5175/5400|
|Max.cont rating altern, (h=0.97)||kWel||3347/3492||4462/4656||5020/5238|
|Max.cont rating altern, (Cos f=0.8)||kVa||4184/4365||5576/5820||6275/6548|
|Max.cont rating altern, (Cos f=0.9)||kVa||3833/4000||4958/5173||5578/5820|
|Mean effective pressure (BMEP)||bar||21||21||21|
|Specific energy consumption||kJ/kWh||7420||7420||7420|
|Specific lubricating oil consumption||g/kWh||0.4||0.4||0.4|
|Cooling water temp. engine outlet||oC||90||90||90|
- The performance data is based on: Marine gas engine ratings are according to ISO 3046-1, at maximum 45°C ambient air temperature and maximum 32°C sea water temperature. Specific fuel gas consumption given at 100% load and no engine driven pumps, running on natural gas with Methane number above 70 and net calorific value of 36 MJ/nm3. To include 3 engine driven pumps, add 1.3%. Gas feed temperature is 20-40°C. Minimum gas feed pressure to Gas Regulating Unit to be 5,5 barg.
- Waste heat recovery: Necessary data for arranging waste heat recovery plants (exhaust gas and cooling water) are available upon request.
- Note: Due to continuous development, some data may be changed without notice.
|ENGINE TYPE||A||B||C||D||E||WEIGHT DRY ENGINE||WEIGHT GENERATOR|
|B36:45L6A||3700||5700||9400||2840||4100||48300 kg||17000 kg|
|B36:45L8A||3800||6600||10400||3045||4400||60600 kg||20700 kg|
|B36:45L9A||3850||7050||10900||3045||4400||62400 kg||21600 kg|
* Weight dry engine excludes generator.
Services and support
CONVERSIONS, RETROFIT AND REFIT
We understand the importance of having the right parts, available in the right place, at the right time.
Ensure that your crew is properly and thoroughly trained. This will reduce operational risk, downtime and maximise return on asset investment.
How can I help you?
is the exclusive distributor of Rolls-Royce medium speed engines for commercial marine applications
Kongsberg Maritime P.O.Box 483, NO-3601 Kongsberg, Norway