Bergen C25:33 generating set
Reliable power in a compact design. Proven low life-cycle cost for operators.
The C-series engine and genset have a simple and robust design with a reduced number of components. It is a modern engine at an early phase of its design life. Introduced at 300kW/cyl., it is now rated at 330kW/cyl. and is equally suitable for main propulsion, either with mechanical transmission or in a diesel electric system, or as a marine generating set.
With 6, 8 and 9 cylinders in-line, the Bergen C-series has a range of operating speeds from 720rpm to 1,000rpm and can be supplied for powers of 1,920 to 3,000kW.
- Extremely stable electrical frequency, important for frequency sensitive equipment
- Low vibration/structural noise level due to super-resilient mounting
- Certified to meet IMO Tier II requirements
- Competitive fuel and lubricating oil consumption
- No fuel oil leakage into the lubricating oil system due to the Bergen Cofferdam system
- Single-bearing alternator option for reduced genset length, and reduced cost, through elimination of flexible
- Coupling between engine and alternator
- High power to weight ratio
- The liner, piston, (incl. upper con rod) and cylinder head can be replaced as a single unit without disturbing the big end bearing, saving time and money
|Number of cylinders||6||8||9|
|Engine speed r/min||900/1000*||900/1000*||900/1000*|
|Mean piston speed m/s||10/11||10/11||10/11|
|Max. continuous rating (MCR) kW||1920/2000||2560/2665||2880/3000|
|Max. continuous rating altern, ( η = 0.96) kW||1843/1920||2457/2558||2764/2880|
|Max. continuous rating altern, (Cos Ф = 0.8) kVA||2303/2400||3071/3197||3455/3600|
|Max. continuous rating altern, (Cos Ф = 0.9) kVA||2047/2133||2730/2961||3071/3200|
|Mean effective pressure (BMEP) bar||26.4/24.7||26.4/24.7||26.4/24.7|
|Specific fuel consumption g/kWh||182/185||182/185||182/185|
|Specific lubricating oil consumption g/kWh||0.7||0.7||0.7|
|Cooling water temp. engine outlet °C||90||90||90|
MDO operations Engine** = Engine and foundation Dimensions given apply for resiliently mounted engines. Choice of alternator may affect the given dimensions and weights. All data subject to change without prior notice.
|Engine type||A||B||C||D||E||Engine**||Weights dry alternator||Total|