Bergen C25:33 generating set
Proven low life-cycle cost for operators.
Reliable power in a compact design
The Rolls-Royce Bergen C-series engine and gensets have a simple and robust design with a reduced number of components. Introduced at 300kW/cyl., it is now rated at 330kW/cyl. and is equally suitable for main propulsion, either with mechanical transmission or in a diesel electric system, or as a marine generating set.
With 6, 8 and 9 cylinders in-line, the C-series has a range of operating speeds from 720rpm to 1,000rpm and can be supplied for powers of 1,920 to 3,000kW.
- Extremely stable electrical frequency, important for frequency sensitive equipment
- Low vibration/structural noise level due to super-resilient mounting
- Certified to meet IMO Tier II requirements
- Competitive fuel and lubricating oil consumption
- No fuel oil leakage into the lubricating oil system due to the Bergen Cofferdam system
- Single-bearing alternator option for reduced genset length, and reduced cost, through elimination of flexible
- Coupling between engine and alternator
- High power to weight ratio
- The liner, piston, (incl. upper con rod) and cylinder head can be replaced as a single unit without disturbing the big end bearing, saving time and money
|Number of cylinders||6||8||9|
|Engine speed r/min||900/1000*||900/1000*||900/1000*|
|Mean piston speed m/s||10/11||10/11||10/11|
|Max. continuous rating (MCR) kW||1920/2000||2560/2665||2880/3000|
|Max. continuous rating altern, ( η = 0.96) kW||1843/1920||2457/2558||2764/2880|
|Max. continuous rating altern, (Cos Ф = 0.8) kVA||2303/2400||3071/3197||3455/3600|
|Max. continuous rating altern, (Cos Ф = 0.9) kVA||2047/2133||2730/2961||3071/3200|
|Mean effective pressure (BMEP) bar||26.4/24.7||26.4/24.7||26.4/24.7|
|Specific fuel consumption g/kWh||182/185||182/185||182/185|
|Specific lubricating oil consumption g/kWh||0.7||0.7||0.7|
|Cooling water temp. engine outlet °C||90||90||90|
MDO operations Engine** = Engine and foundation Dimensions given apply for resiliently mounted engines. Choice of alternator may affect the given dimensions and weights. All data subject to change without prior notice.
|Engine type||A||B||C||D||E||Engine**||Weights dry alternator||Total|
Services and support
24/7 Technical support
Our 24/7 technical support team is there to help at any time, day or night, wherever your vessel is.
CONVERSIONS, RETROFIT AND REFIT
We understand the importance of having the right parts, available in the right place, at the right time.
Ensure that your crew is properly and thoroughly trained. This will reduce operational risk, downtime and maximise return on asset investment.