Bergen B33:45V generating set
Choose Bergen Engines for cost-effective operation
The Bergen B-series is based on a modular design, which gives a flexible platform and at the same time carries forward the Bergen traditional values as a robust and reliable engine.
The selection of technology was done after consulting a broad range of operators, designers and shipbuilders, to establish the qualities they prize in an engine. This engine series was first introduced to the market in 2014 as a diesel engine, and the gas version followed in 2018. It is available in several in-line or Vee cylinder variants for both diesel and gas, and is equally suitable for mechanical transmission or as a marine generating set.
Main benefits for ship yards:
- Easy installation
- New resilient mounting (no need of welding brackets)
- Aligned piping at pump-end for easy connection
- Flexible exhaust routing (and air ducting if applicable): 15 degree rotation of connection points to turbocharger available
Main benefits for ship owners:
- Reliable power
- IMO Tier II compliant without use of SCR
- IMO Tier III compliant with use of SCR
- Proven low life cycle costs
- Dynamic service intervals with 25.000 hrs between main services when operating within a defined load window
- Full equipment health monitoring
- Fast load response
- Low vibration/structural noise level
- 24/7 support by global service network
- Compact and modular design with a low weight construction
- Possible conversion from diesel to gas and vice versa
- New flexible mounts without welded brackets
- Aligned piping at pump end for ease of connection
- Flexible exhaust routing – 15 degree rotation of connections to turbocharger
- Full power can be taken from either end of crankshaft up to and including V12 version
|Number of cylinders||12||16|
|Mean piston speed||m/s||10.8/11.2||10.8/11.2|
|Max. continuous rating (MCR)||kW||7200||9600|
|Max.cont rating altern, (h=0.975)||kWel||7020||9360|
|Max.cont rating altern, (Cos f=0.8)||kVa||8775||11700|
|Max.cont rating altern, (Cos f=0.9)||kVa||7800||10400|
|Mean effective pressure (BMEP)||bar||26/25||26/25|
|Specific fuel oil consumption (SFOC)||g/kWh||171||171|
|SFOC with engine driven pumps||g/kWh||173||173|
|Specific lubricating oil consumption||g/kWh||0,5||0,5|
|Cooling water temp. engine outlet||°C||90||90|
Engine ratings are according to ISO 3046/1. The above figures are based on conditions at maximum 45°C ambient
air temperature and maximum 32°C sea water temperature.
*SFOC is based on MDO with a net calorific value of 42.7 MJ/kg and no engine driven pumps.
Note: Due to continuous development, some data may be changed without notice.
|ENGINE TYPE||A||B||C||D||E||WEIGHT DRY ENGINE
* Weight dry engine excludes generator, foundation and transport foundation.
Services and support
24/7 Technical support
Our 24/7 technical support team is there to help at any time, day or night, wherever your vessel is.
CONVERSIONS, RETROFIT AND REFIT
We understand the importance of having the right parts, available in the right place, at the right time.
Ensure that your crew is properly and thoroughly trained. This will reduce operational risk, downtime and maximise return on asset investment.
How can I help you?
IS THE EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTOR OF BERGEN ENGINES MEDIUM SPEED ENGINES FOR COMMERCIAL MARINE APPLICATIONS
Kongsberg Maritime P.O.Box 483, NO-3601 Kongsberg, Norway