Gas engine, Bergen B36:45
Technology developments carried over from 25+ years of experience.
Defined by our customers
The Bergen B36:45 gas range carries forward the Rolls-Royce Bergen engine family into a new era. The engine platform offers 600 kW per cylinder in a compact, modularized engine design. The new engine portfolio offers industry leading energy consumption and emission figures.
The Bergen B36:45 gas engine shares many of the design features and commonality on many engine components such as the engine block and crankshaft. This allows the flexibility to convert from gas to diesel, or vice versa, depending on our customers need.
In-line engines are offered in 6, 8 and 9 cylinder configurations, spanning a power range from 3,600 kW to 5,400 kW. The V-engine is available as 12 and 16 cylinder configurations with a power range from 7,200 kW to 9,600 kW.
- Compact modularised design
- Meet IMO Tier III
- Single fuel = single bunkering
- No purification system needed
- Cleaner engine room
- No “switch over” problems - ref ECA or port regulations
- Long-term compliance with local port regulations and potential benefits from taxation/green port dues
- Same power as the diesel version: 600 kW/cylinder
- VVT – Variable Valve Timing for optimum response and load increase
- Inherently safe (double wall piping)
- Possible conversion from gas to diesel vis versa
- Jet Air Assist (optional) direct injection for faster response and ramp-up times (dynamic loads)
|Number of cylinders||6||8||9||12||16|
|Mean piston speed||m/s||11.25||11.25||11.25||11.25||11.25|
|Max. continuous rating (MCR)||kW||3600||4800||5400||7200||9600|
|Mean effective pressure (BMEP)||bar||21||21||21||21||21|
|Specific energy consumption||kj/kWh||7300||7300||7300||7300||7300|
|Specific lubricating oil consumption||g/kWh||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.4|
|Cooling water temp. engine outlet||°C||90||90||90||90||90|
* Preliminary data
Weight dry engine excluding flywheel and transport foundation. Dimensions given apply for resiliently mounted engines.