Diesel engine, Bergen C25:33
Proven low life-cycle cost for operators.
Reliable power in a compact design
The Rolls-Royce Bergen C-series has a simple and robust design with a reduced number of components. The engine platform offers 320-333kW per cylinder in a compact and modern design.
In-line engines are offered in 6, 8 and 9 cylinder configuration spanning a power range from 1,920kW to 3,000kW.
- Extremely stable electrical frequency, important for frequency sensitive equipment
- Low vibration/structural noise level due to super-resilient mounting
- Certified to meet IMO Tier II requirements
- Competitive fuel and lubricating oil consumption
- No fuel oil leakage into the lubricating oil system due to the Bergen Cofferdam system
- High power to weight ratio
- The liner, piston, (incl. upper con rod) and cylinder head can be replaced as a single unit without disturbing the big end bearing, saving time and money
|Number of cylinders||6||8||9|
|Engine speed r/min||900/1000*||900/1000*||900/1000*|
|Mean piston speed m/s||10/11||10/11||10/11|
|Max. continuous rating (MCR) kW||1920/2000||2560/2665||2880/3000|
|Max. continuous rating altern. (MCR) BHP(metric)||2610/2720||3480/3625||3915/4080|
|Mean effective pressure (BMEP) bar||26.4/24.7||26.4/24.7||26.4/24.7|
|Specific fuel consumption g/kWh||182/185||182/185||182/185|
|Specific lubricating oil consumption g/kWh||0.7||0.7||0.7|
|Cooling water temp. engine outlet °C||90||90||90|
* MDO operations. Dimensions given apply for rigidly mounted engines with wet sump. Dry sump can be supplied upon request. Front end P.T.O. can be delivered upon request. All data subject to change without prior notice.
|Engine type||A||B||C||D||Weight dry engine|