Bergen B33:45L propulsion
Choose Rolls-Royce Bergen engines for cost-effective operation
The Bergen B-series is based on a modular design, which gives a flexible platform and at the same time carries forward the Bergen traditional values as a robust and reliable engine.
The selection of technology was done after consulting a broad range of operators, designers and shipbuilders, to establish the qualities they prize in an engine. This engine series was first introduced to the market in 2014 as a diesel engine, and the gas version followed in 2018. It is available in several in-line or Vee cylinder variants for both diesel and gas, and is equally suitable for mechanical transmission or as a marine generating set.
Main benefits for ship yards:
- Easy installation
- New resilient mounting (no need of welding brackets)
- Aligned piping at pump-end for easy connection
- Flexible exhaust routing (and air ducting if applicable): 15 degree
rotation of connection points to turbocharger available
Main benefits for ship owners:
- Reliable power
- IMO Tier II compliant without use of SCR
- IMO Tier III compliant with use of SCR
- Proven low life cycle costs
- Dynamic service intervals with 25.000 hrs between main services when
operating within a defined load window
- Full equipment health monitoring
- Fast load response
- Low vibration/structural noise level
- 24/7 support by global service network
- Compact and modular design with a low weight construction
- Possible conversion from diesel to gas and vice versa
- New flexible mounts without welded brackets
- Aligned piping at pump end for ease of connection
- Flexible exhaust routing – 15 degree rotation of connections to turbocharger
- Full power can be taken from either end of crankshaft up to and
including V12 version
|Number of cylinders||6||8||9|
|Mean piston speed||m/s||11.2||11.2||11.2|
|Max. continuous rating (MCR*)||kW||3600||4800||5400|
|Mean effective pressure (BMEP)||bar||25||25||25|
|Specific fuel oil consumption (SFOC)||g/kWh*||173||174||171|
|SFOC with engine driven pumps||g/kWh||175||176||173|
|SFOC with engine driven pumps||g/kWh||0,5||0,5||0,5|
|Cooling water temp. engine outlet||°C||90||90||90|
Engine ratings are according to ISO 3046/1. The above figures are based on conditions at maximum 45°C ambient
air temperature and maximum 32°C sea water temperature.
*SFOC is based on MDO with a net calorific value of 42.7 MJ/kg, and no engine driven pumps.
Heavy fuel operation: The engines are designed for operations on Heavy fuel with viscosity up to 700 cSt at
50°C ISO 8217 RMH77. Ratings will be specified subject to type of application.
Waste heat recovery: Necessary data for arranging waste heat recovery plants (exhaust gas and cooling water)
are available upon request.
Note: Due to continuous development, some data may be changed without notice.
|ENGINE TYPE||A||B||C||D||E||F||G||WEIGHT DRY ENGINE
* Weight dry engine excludes transport foundation.
Services and support
How can I help you?
IS THE EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTOR OF ROLLS-ROYCE MEDIUM SPEED ENGINES FOR COMMERCIAL MARINE APPLICATIONS
Kongsberg Maritime P.O.Box 483, NO-3601 Kongsberg, Norway