Helideck Monitoring System
The Helideck Monitoring System (HMS) is used to analyse helideck motion during helicopter landings to improve safety in hostile weather conditions. The HMS monitors helideck attitude and vertical velocity, wind speed and direction, air temperature and barometric pressure and presents this information to indicate landing conditions. The HMS is typically used offshore on floating production and storage vessels (FPSO) and seismic vessels.
The motion reference unit - MRU, with the aid of selected lever arms in the set-up procedures, enables total installation flexibility. The unit can be installed at the helideck, on the bridge or at any other suitable location on the vessel, the lever arm software makes it possible for the operator to set up the measuring point to be precisely at the centre of the helideck.
Web HMS 200
KONGSBERG offers an online Web service with live vessel data from HMS 200 installations connected through a web client. The Web HMS 200 service is developed to assist helicopter operators to plan the flight prior to take-off from the heliport. The Web HMS 200 is a web client that can monitor motion and weather data in real-time from a HMS 200 system installed and running onboard a vessel. The service is based on an annual fee.
Helideck monitoring system features
- Real-time presentation of roll, pitch and heave amplitudes
- Max. heave rate presentation
- CAP 437 motion data presentation
- Meteorological data acquisition and presentation available
- Selectable time window presenting motion statistics
- Light panel with landing light indication on the helideck
- Trend analysis of vessel characteristics.
- Selectable logging facilities of up to 13 different parameters
- Rack mounted Video Display Unit and Computing Unit.
- Selectable motion sensor input
- Check and verification
- 48 hours logging capability according to new regulations
- Electronic transmission of data using Ethernet
- Check and verification module and procedures
HMS range of products
HMS is available in different versions:
- HMS 100
- HMS 200
- Web HMS 200
- HMS 100 SHOLS