GPS transponder - Seatrack 220/320
The Seatrack 220/320 represents a new generation GPS transponder used in 3D and vertical seismic surveys for streamer tailbuoy / gunfloat positioning, as well as marine operations such as barge management, and vessel traffic monitoring. It includes a 12-channel, high-performance GPS receiver, a synthesized UHF radio, antennas and a communication computer packaged in a robust, self-contained unit.
GPS transponder applications
GPS data is collected and transmitted to the vessel by the internal UHF radio or a communication line. Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) is used for multiple unit transmission at a common frequency. Seatrack 220 is developed for tailbuoy operation while the even more robust Seatrack 320 is design to resist the extreme shocks at a gunfloat.
- Rugged GPS transponder with integrated GPS and UHF antenna
- High accuracy relative GPS solution using code and carrier phase data
- Transmission of GPS data to vessel via UHF radio or cable
- TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access) functionality for multiple units using a single UHF frequency
- Remotely configurable
- Continuous voltage monitoring
- Power efficient
- Up to 3 serial I/O ports for interface to other equipment
- Up to 2 relay outputs for control of external equipment
- One year hardware warranty