The Simrad 12-16/60 is a 12 kHz dual beam transducer designed for fish finding, ocean science and bottom mapping.
The 12-16/60 uses 19 "tonpilz" elements, and it can be set up for dual or single beam use.
Due to its low frequency, the Simrad 12-16/60 is ideal for use with deep water measurements.
The transducer is normally mounted flush with the hull plating or the bottom of a blister. The incorporated clamping ring is used to secure the transducer body to a mounting ring. The mounting ring is welded into the hull plating. The transducer can also be flush-mounted in the same manner at the bottom of a blister or a drop keel.
The transducer cable penetrates the hull using a cable gland. This cable gland consists of a bushing, washers, a rubber gasket and a packing nipple.
- Frequency: 12 kHz
- Narrow beam circular beamwidth: 16 degrees
- Wide beam circular beamwidth: 60 degrees
- Cable length: 20 metres
- Weight (in air, with cable): 78 kg
End-user documentation and installation drawings
- Part number: KSV-089519
- Mounting ring (optional): 499-088814
- Steel tank (optional): 599-110090
- Arctic tank (optional): 499-109506