The Simrad 38-7 is a 38 kHz single beam transducer. It is mainly designed for fish finding and bottom mapping applications.
The Simrad 38-7 comprises a total of 88 "Tonpilz" elements. These offer a relatively narrow beam with substantial range capability.
The transducer is normally mounted flush with the hull plating. The clamping ring secures the transducer body to a mounting ring. The mounting ring is welded into the hull plating. The transducer can also be flush-mounted in the same manner at the bottom of a blister or a drop keel.
The transducer cable penetrates the hull using a stuffing tube and a cable gland.
- Frequency: 38 kHz
- Circular beamwidth: 7 ±1 degrees
- Cable length: 20 metres
- Weight (in air, without cable): 40 kg
End-user documentation and installation drawings
- Part number: KSV-082776
- Mounting ring: 499-074076 (Required, but not included in delivery)
- Support beam: 099-206575 (Required, but not included in delivery)
- Steel tank: 599-133807 (Optional)
- Arctic tank: KSV-065087 (Optional)