The Simrad ES80 is the fifth generation professional split-beam fish finder for the world wide fishing community.
The latest innovations in computer and signal processing technology are used to create a sophisticated, but also intuitive, echo sounder. It can operate with operational frequencies ranging from 10 to 500 kHz. With a suitable transducer, the ES80 can use frequency sweeps ("chirps") across a range of frequencies.
- Split beam operation
- FM (linear) and CW pulse forms
- Large dynamic range
- Low self noise
- High ping rate
- Simultaneous transmission of all frequencies
- Several transceivers can run simultaneously
- Wide band frequency sweep ("chirp") in combination with advanced signal processing gives an exceptionally good echo quality
- Define and save your own user settings
- Easy operation with intuitive user interface
- Clear and easily comprehensive echo data
This screen capture shows the Simrad ES80 set up for a close inspection of fish close to the bottom. A small school is placed in the zoom window. The capture is kindly provided by Aegean Electronics, Greece.