Simrad PX MultiSensor
The Simrad PX MultiSensor is an innovative multi purpose wireless catch monitoring sensor for trawl and purse seine.
The Simrad PX MultiSensor is provided in several different versions.
- PX MultiSensor
- PX MultiSensor Catch/Temperature (C/T)
- PX MultiSensor Depth/Temperature (D/T)
- PX MultiSensor with Geometry transponder
The version is defined by the type of sensor lid. The basic version of the sensor has a neutral lid. It can make the following measurements:
- Spread and Twin Spread
- Roll and Pitch
- Geometry and Geometry differential
- Battery status
Other sensor functions are:
- Remote for geometry measurements
- Remote for spread measurements
These functions are not counted as measurements, and will not use any of the two (maximum five) measurements that the sensor can do. However, the battery capacity will be reduced.
In order to receive the information from the sensor you need a suitable receiver (PI or SR Series), one or more hydrophones, as well as a computer running the Simrad TV80 or Simrad PI50 programs.
You can use all our PI Hydrophones. You can even use non-Simrad types, provided that the communication frequency match.
By default, the sensor can make two measurements. To add additional measurements you must buy a dedicated license. The license allows you to make up to five measurements simultaneously.
Note that the PX MultiSensor is available in two versions.
- Mk1 is discontinued.
- Mk2 is the current version.
Old Mk1 sensors may be updated to Mk2 functionality. Contact your dealer for advice.
Charging, maintenance and configuration
- Cleaning the catch monitoring sensor prior to charging
- Charging the catch monitoring sensor
- Configuring the sensor using the PX Configurator program