Gyro Compass for ships / high-speed crafts - MGC R3
The MGC is a strap-down based gyro compass including three Ring Laser Gyros (RLG) and three linear accelerometers. The system can operate in Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) mode and Inertial Navigation mode. In the AHRS mode input of speed and latitude data (VBW/VTG and GGA/GLL) is required.
External time input is also required (ZDA). In this mode the system will output heading, roll, pitch and heave. In the Inertial Navigation mode input of latitude, longitude, height and time (GGA and ZDA) and PPS from a GNSS receiver is required. In this mode the product will output heading, roll, pitch, heave and position.
The system is delivered with Windows based configuration software, MRC+. In this software the user selects output formats on the different communication lines in addition to other configuration purposes.
Digital I/O protocols
MGC data is available through both Ethernet interface and serial lines enabling easy distribution of data to multiple users on board the vessel. Output protocols for commonly used equipment are available on five individually configurable serial lines and five Ethernet/UDP ports.
- No rotational or mechanical wear-out parts
- 0.08° heading accuracy with GNSS aiding
- Outputs on RS-232, RS-422 and Ethernet
- High output data rate (200 Hz).
- Small size, light weight and low power consumption
- 2-years warranty
- Each MGC delivered with Calibration Certificate
- Selectable communication protocols in the Windows based configuration software, MRC+
The system can be operated as an inertial navigation system as well as a gyro compass with output of position and heading. Linear position and velocity measurements can then be output in up to four different points on the vessel.
- Accuracy heading : 0.08° RMS sec.lat
- Accuracy heading (GNSS aided) : 0.04° RMS sec.lat
- Heading settling time to data available : < 5 min from start-up
- Heading settling time to full accuracy (typical) : 17 min from start-up
- Resolution : 0.1°
Roll and pitch output
- Output range : ±90°
- Resolution : 0.001°
- Angular rate noise : 0.010°/s RMS
- Accuracy : 0.01° RMS
- Output range : ±50 m, adjustable
- Periods (real-time) : 0 to 25 s
- Periods (delayed) : 0 to 50 s
- Heave accuracy (real-time) : 5 cm or 5% whichever is highest
- Heave accuracy (delayed) : 2 cm or 2% whichever is highest
- Free inertial : 5 nm/hr
- Power requirements : 24V DC, Max. 13 W
- COM1 through COM4 : Serial port, bidirectional RS-422/IEC 61162
- COM5 : Serial port output RS-422 and PPS port input RS-422
- Baud rate max. : 115200 Baud
- Ethernet UDP/IP (5 ports) : 10/100 Mbps
- Output data rate (max) : 200 Hz
- Timing accuary : 1 ms
- Sensor unit : -5 to +55°C
- MGC junction box : -15 to +55°C
- Repeater junction box : -5 to +55°C
- Sensor unit : Sealed
- MGC junction box : IP 54
- Repeater junction box : IP 54
- Sensor unit : 188.9x189.5x189.5 mm
- MGC junction box : 57.1x236x146 mm
- Repeater junction box : 57.1x115x104 mm
- MTBF (computed) : 50 000 h
- NMEA sentences GGA, GLL, VBW, VTG, ZDA
- NMEA sentences GGA, GLL, VTG, HCR, HDT, ROT, THS
Services and support
24/7 Technical support
Our 24/7 technical support team is there to help at any time, day or night, wherever your vessel is.
CONVERSIONS, RETROFIT AND REFIT
We understand the importance of having the right parts, available in the right place, at the right time.
Ensure that your crew is properly and thoroughly trained. This will reduce operational risk, downtime and maximise return on asset investment.