Gyro Compass and INS MGC R5
The MGC R5 product is a fully inertial navigation system (INS). It can output heading, roll, pitch, heave and position. Acceleration and velocity of linear motions, as well as angular rates, are output from the unit. The MGC R5 product outputs both processed and raw
(gyro and accelerometer) sensor data.
The MGC R5 can be used as a stand-alone unit or as an IMU in other systems. The product is designed for high precision maritime applications such as offshore operations and seabed mapping.
The product includes integrated navigation algorithms with input from a GNSS receiver for output of aided position and heading data. The proven PFreeHeave® algorithms are part of the navigation algorithms that enable down to 2 cm accuracy in delayed heave output and 3 cm accuracy in real-time heave output. The linear position and velocity measurements can be output in up to four different points on the vessel.
• 0.008° roll and pitch accuracy
• 0.008° secant latitude heading accuracy GNSS aided
• Includes INS capability
• Outputs on RS-232, RS-422 and Ethernet
• High output data rate (200 Hz)
• Precise heave at long wave periods by use of PFreeHeave® algorithms
• Lever arm compensation to two individually configurable monitoring points
• Small size and low power consumption
• Each MGC delivered with a Calibration Certificate
• Selectable communication protocols in the Windows based configuration software
Services and support
24/7 Technical support
Our 24/7 technical support team is there to help at any time, day or night, wherever your vessel is.
CONVERSIONS, RETROFIT AND REFIT
We understand the importance of having the right parts, available in the right place, at the right time.
Ensure that your crew is properly and thoroughly trained. This will reduce operational risk, downtime and maximise return on asset investment.