Gyro Compass and INS
The MGC R4 product is a fully inertial navigation system (INS). It can output heading, roll, pitch, heave and position. Acceleration and velocity of linear motions, as well as angular rates, are output from the unit. The MGC R4 product outputs both processed and raw (gyro and accelerometer) sensor data.
The MGC R4 can be used as a stand-alone unit or as an IMU in other systems. The product is designed for high precision maritime applications such as offshore operations and seabed mapping.
The product includes integrated navigation algorithms with input from a GNSS receiver for output of aided position and heading data. The proven PFreeHeave® algorithms are part of the navigation algorithms that enable down to 2 cm accuracy in delayed heave output and 3 cm accuracy in real-time heave output. The linear position and velocity measurements can be output in up to four different points on the vessel.
• 0.008° roll and pitch accuracy
• 0.02° secant latitude heading accuracy GNSS aided
• Includes INS capability
• Outputs on RS-232, RS-422 and Ethernet
• High output data rate (200 Hz)
• Precise heave at long wave periods by use of PFreeHeave® algorithms
• Lever arm compensation to two individually configurable monitoring points
• Small size and low power consumption
• Each MGC delivered with a Calibration Certificate
• Selectable communication protocols in the Windows based configuration software