Gyro Compass and INS MGC R3
A new family of products with motion sensing and gyro compass functionality is introduced. The first product in this family is the MGC R3 which includes three Ring Laser Gyros and three linear accelerometers.
The MGC R3 product is a fully inertial navigation system (INS). It can output heading, roll, pitch, heave and position. Acceleration and velocity of linear motions, as well as angular rates, are output from the unit. The MGC R3 product outputs both processed and raw (gyro and accelerometer) sensor data. The MGC R3 product can be used as a stand-alone unit or as an IMU in other systems.
The product is designed for high precision maritime applications such as offshore operations and seabed mapping. The product includes integrated navigation algorithms with input from a GNSS receiver for output of aided position and heading data. The proven PFreeHeave® algorithms are part of the navigation algorithms that enable down to 2 cm accuracy in delayed heave output and 5 cm accuracy in real-time heave output. The linear position and velocity measurements can be output in up to four different points on the vessel.
- 0.01° roll and pitch accuracy
- 0.08° secant latitude heading accuracy with GNSS aiding
- Outputs on RS-232, RS-422 and Ethernet
- High output data rate (200 Hz)
- Precise heave at long wave periods by use of PFreeHeave ® algorithms
- Lever arm compensation to two individually configurable monitoring points
- Small size and low power consumption
- Each MGC delivered with a Calibration Certificate
- Selectable communication protocols in the Windows based MRU configuration software