Unmanned Surface Vehicle, GeoSwath 4R USV
Sonar and ancillary sensors
GeoSwath 4R is a phase measuring bathymetric sonar that delivers high resolution wide swath bathymetry data with bottom coverage of up to 12 times the water depth. Accuracies have been shown to exceed IHO standards for hydrographic surveys. In addition co-registered and geo-referenced side scan data is acquired that allows easy object detection and bottom characterisation. It is integrated with a GPS position and heading sensor, a motion reference unit and a sound velocity sensor.
The Z-Boat 1800 remote hydrographic survey boat serves as a proven and reliable platform. Its dimensions and weight allow for easy mobilisation with minimal infrastructure. Its electric motors provide a survey speed of up to 4 knots with 2.5 hours endurance on a single interchangeable battery pack. Optionally KONGSBERG offers bespoke integrations for customer supplied platforms.
Communications and system operation
The USV is radio controlled up to a range of 1.5 km. The sonar is operated using GS4 software installed on a laptop connected via a radio modem with a data rate exceeding 100 Mbps. The software package has been specifically developed for GeoSwath 4R . It serves for mission planning and execution as well as data acquisition and processing of the final bathymetry maps and side scan mosaics. The data is broadcast and saved on the local USV hard drive to ensure uninterrupted data files for post processing.
- Fully integrated and calibrated USV survey solution
- Easy to mobilise and operate
- Radio control and data telemetry for remote operation
- Up to 4 knots survey speed
- 2.5 hours endurance, exchangable battery pack
- Ultra high resolution wide swath bathymetry
- Co-registered geo-referenced side scan
- Frequency: 500 kHz
- Coverage of up to 12 times water depth
- Dual transducer, 240º view angle
- Operation from laptop PC
- Bespoke solution for customer supplied USV (AUV, ROV) platforms available
- Advanced side scan processing software packages - normalisation, calibration and segmentation for bottom classification
- 250 kHz and 125 kHz sonar frequency for 100 m and 200 m maximum depth performance
- Hull length / width : 180 cm / 90 cm
- Weight : 55 kg
- Propulsion / max speed : Dual brushless DC outdrive / 4 knots (2 m/s)
- Remote control / range : Hitec 2.4 GHz FHSS / 1.5 km line of sight
- Data telemetry / rate : 5 GHz radio modem 10/100 BaseT
- Battery pack / endurance : 12 V 30 Ah / 2.5 h
- Sonar frequency : 500 kHz
- Max Water Depth Below Transducers : 50 m
- Max Swath Width : 190 m
- Max Coverage : Up to 12 x depth
- Field of view / beam opening angle (two way) : 240º / 0.5º
- Motion compensation roll & pitch / heave accuracy : 0.03º / 5 cm or 5% (sensor dependent)
- Positioning / heading accuracy : SBAS (WAAS) 0.3 m / 0.3º (sensor dependent)
Services et support
24/7 Technical support
Our 24/7 technical support team is there to help at any time, day or night, wherever your vessel is.
CONVERSIONS, RETROFIT AND REFIT
We understand the importance of having the right parts, available in the right place, at the right time.
Ensure that your crew is properly and thoroughly trained. This will reduce operational risk, downtime and maximise return on asset investment.