Project Engineer (Safety SW)
Overview of Position
- Handles both local and overseas projects.
- Perform configuration tasks, such as PMS (Power Management System), TC (Thruster Control System), Ballast / Bilge, Common, Machinery Systems (Vessel Systems), Safety (Fire & Gas, PSD, ESD) and Process Control applications.
- Participate in project meetings, as allocated by nearest supervisor.
- Prepare and participate in IAT (Internal Acceptance Test) and FAT (Factory Acceptance Test, as allocated by nearest supervisor.
- Participate in installation, commissioning including CAT (Customer Acceptance Test) and Sea Trials (FMEA support), as allocated by nearest supervisor.
- Production of Mimics, in accordance with P&ID (Process & Instrument Diagram) KFDD (Kongsberg Functional Design Document) and I/O list.
- Focus on engineering, commissioning and servicing Kongsberg Maritime Integrated Control Systems.
- Perform configuration tasks, such as PMS (Power Management System), TC (Thruster Control System), Ballast/Bilge, Common, Machinery Systems (Vessel Systems), Safety (Fire & Gas, PSD, ESD) and Process Control applications in accordance with design documentation and procedures, as allocated by nearest supervisor.
- Responsible for project documentation, as allocated by nearest supervisor.
- Quality check of own work.
- Ensure own work is done according to Project plan, procedures and checklists.
- Report progress, on own work, on regularly basis, to nearest supervisor and PM (Project Manager).
- Participate in various tests (e.g. workshop test and technical preparation onsite) and verification of deliveries in accordance to plans and procedures.
- Participate in installation, commissioning and trials.
- Liaison between customers and main office on all aspects of pre-commissioning / commissioning, maintenance and operation of systems.
- Position will cover South-East Asia, Oceania and possibly other part of the world.
- Handling pre and post administrative work.
- Assist sales department with technical issues and enquiries.
- Undertake all aspects of project works and ad-hoc tasks assigned from time-to-time.
- Represent Kongsberg core values.
- Technical College graduate or higher technical education. (Relevant experience may compensate for some of the education).
- Preferable with testing and commissioning experience and knowledge / skill in software application programming, AutoCAD and Microsoft office.
- Have excellent co-operative and communication skills.
- Self-driven and capable of motivating team members.
- Able to travel overseas for short/extended duration in short notice (occasionally).
- Flexible and dynamic to assigned task and environment.
- Pay package will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview