Field Service Engineer - Merchant
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, navigation and automation. Important markets include countries with significant offshore and shipyard industries. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation at sea.
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Highly subsidized health & welfare benefits with an option of a zero-dollar high deductible plan which includes an employer contribution towards your health savings account
- Fully subsidized dental and vision coverage
- Up to 5% employer match program
- Flexibility with Paid Time Off
- Career growth opportunities
- Safe and collaborative culture
Do you want to be part of Kongsberg Maritime’s future with a fast-track technical position that will give you an opportunity to learn new skills in exciting maritime applications? We are currently looking for a highly motivated Technician/Engineer – Merchant to join our team.
As a Technician/Engineer for Merchant you will be responsible for servicing our systems in North America, Mexico, and the Caribbean. You will provide technical support on control systems and voyage data recorders. This position is also responsible for implementation and installation of new systems at customer sites.
- Service activities onboard vessels with KM Systems
- Participation in the Phone and Email support lines
- Adherence to all routines outlined in the Quality Management System (QMS), HSE Management System (HSEMS) and the Personnel Handbook
- Timely and accurate completion of service reports, timesheets and expense reports
- Maintenance and upkeep of the assigned lab space
- Production and updates to As-Built Documentation
- Developing own qualifications through internal/external training courses
- Assisting Sales and AMS groups with Technical information
- Interface with customer engineering groups regarding requested modifications
- Interface with other KMI departments and KM entities world-wide
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Knowledge of general electrical control system concepts such as PID controllers, filters, etc.
- Ability to produce and interpret technical documentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot low voltage electrical components, use of volt-meters, etc.
- Experience with PLC / SCADA systems and their architecture is highly desired.
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to multi task
- Good communication skills and fluent in English
- Dedication and desire to build a long career within the technical field
You are able to:
- Prioritize and complete work tasks for the assigned service trip or project
- Carry out actions to prevent errors within our delivery and after sales deliveries
- Report all safety/security related incidents offshore
- Complete and submit timesheets and expenses in a timely fashion
- Ownership over assigned cases and/or service trips
- Suggest improvements to our products and report needs to Service Manager or main office
- Make proactive suggestions to customers on available upgrades and new products while visiting onboard
Throughout the pandemic, we’ve made it a top priority to keep our employees safe from COVID-19. Consistent with its duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards, Kongsberg Maritime has adopted a policy to safeguard the health and well-being of employees and their families, our customers and visitors, others who spend time in our facilities, customer installations, and the community from the risks associated with COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that Kongsberg Maritime Inc.(or KUTL) requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated. All job offers will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
New Orleans, Louisiana or Seattle, Washington
For inspiration and more info visit: Kongsberg Maritime