Electrical Development Engineer – Test and Verification
There has never been a more exciting time to work in Kongsberg Maritime than right now. With us, you will be in forefront of enabling the business to achieve their objectives through our energy products and solutions. You will be joining the organization at a time when digital innovation is key to the success of the company, and we want people to help us shape this journey.
In this role you will be part of the Power Electronics team, the team responsible for developing the technology used in our Kongsberg drives, technology in the heart of the green shift. Power Electronics is an often-overlooked technology when discussing how to solve the energy crisis, but vital for the implementation of technologies like electrical motors, batteries, fuel cells, solar power, and so on. These all have one thing in common, they need energy conversion to integrate and run optimally. Here at Kongsberg, we integrate all of this into our marine energy solutions, and we deliver key technology like the power electronics to do it optimally.
As our Test and Verification engineer in the Power Electronics team you will work at the core of this technology, being responsible for verifying new technology and making sure it performs as required, bringing experience-based ideas for improvement to the rest of the team to make sure our products continue to deliver world class performance.
- Test and verify new power electronic technology
- Develop and run the megawatt test lab
- Develop test plans and procedures
- Coordinate test activities
- Product development
- Support and training
Qualifications and experience
- General competence in electrical power engineering
- Power electronics and drives competence
- Project management skills is preferable
- Familiar with product standards and marine class rules is an advantage
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Practical experience with low voltage power systems (electrician or similar)
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Svein Erik Evju
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Integrated Solutions Division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Our Energy Products business unit provides a complete portfolio of switchboards, electric drives, batteries with a unique approach to energy management and integration with overall vessel control. We aim to pave the way for more efficient operation and design of the energy system.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication