DNVGL DPO Start Course
This course is designed to enable prospective DPOs to achieve the knowledge, understanding and skills required to operate the DP desk and associated equipment. Candidates will also be taught how to carry out detailed planning and execution of all aspects of various DP Operations and how to relate and react to alarms and warnings. This is achieved through in-depth exercises on a DP simulator.
By the end of the course the student shall have:
- Acquired a thorough knowledge of the practical aspects of DP operations.
- The capability to plan and conduct any DP operation, including risk assessment, contingency planning and assessment of vessel capability.
- The ability to undertake any operation with due regard to all circumstances of seamanship and operational requirements.
- The ability to react correctly to any circumstances which constitute or could lead to a catastrophic failure.
PRACTICAL TRAINING SIMULATORS
The practical training exercises are carried out on aDNVGL class A or B simulator. There will be a maximum of 3-4 trainees on each desk to provide for maximum hands on training.
DPO Preparation or NI approved DP Induction course.
PDF COURSE DESCRIPTION
Until further notice, the courses will be run with restrictions due to the Covid-19 outbreak.
- All official, local and KM restrictions related to Covid-19 are followed https://www.kongsberg.com/maritime/about-us/news-and-media/news-archive/2020/covid-19/
- Reduced max number of participants
- Domestic attendees and instructors only
- Limited number of courses at the time at any location
Courses with future dates
Date Duration Subject Location Price
19 abr. 21—
23 abr. 215 days DNVGL DPO Start Course Trondheim Grilstad NOK 22000,00 Unavailable
07 jun. 21—
11 jun. 215 days DNVGL DPO Start Course Trondheim Grilstad NOK 24000,00 Book
21 jun. 21—
25 jun. 215 days DNVGL DPO Start Course Trondheim Grilstad NOK 24000,00 Book
05 jul. 21—
09 jul. 215 days DNVGL DPO Start Course Trondheim Grilstad NOK 24000,00 Book