ELegance pod system
Podded propulsion system with Permanent Magnet motor technology for optimal system efficiency and compact design.
ELegance Pods, Sustainable electric propulsion
The ELegance pod system combines the direct electric motor driven Pod, matched with our offerings of electric system solutions. These Pods provide propulsion for precise and efficient vessel operation. It has a built-in permanent magnet electric motor for optimal efficiency over a large speed range, combined with an excellent hydrodynamic design developed in our well renowned Hydrodynamic Research Centre.
Elegance pods are designed for a sustainable marine future. With its low oil content and double barrier seal solution, the Elegance pods are designed to protect the ocean. Optimised for high system performance through compact design and high hydrodynamic efficiency and with the patented Twin Tail provides high unit efficiency, as well as reducing noise and vibrations. The ELegance pods are available for various applications including ice optimized designs.
The pods are delivered in a system with our Active Front End Converters, either fed from a conventional 690V system or through transformers on a medium voltage distribution system, such as our SAVe Step solution. Our different SAVe electric systems are designed to fit a various range of vessels, giving an enhanced diesel-electric performance that is optimised for each shipowner’s use. Batteries from the SAVe Energy portfolio can be integrated into the SAVe systems to perform load smoothing on the engines and increases the redundancy in the propulsion system. The SAVe system can then deliver continuous power to the pods, allowing a power-generating capacity reduction by up to 30 per cent. This means the pods could operate on battery power alone when in harbour, or for limited periods with zero emissions, dependent on the battery capacity.
- Compact and efficient PM motor
- Combined cooling by air and surrounding seawater
- System based Drive, Motor and Hydrodynamic design optimization
- Adjustable design to provide optimal adaptation to hull
- Patented Twin-Tail for improved efficiency and cavitation behaviour
- Innoduct TM nozzle design for high bollard pull and free running efficiency
- Oil lubricated roller bearings
- VGP proven Anti-Pollution Seal System to ensure environmentally safe operation (Also on mineral oil)
- Ice class capability up to PC6 /FS1A*
- Easy access to all service points
- Plug-and-play: Safe and easy fitting of units to the hull without heavy lifting equipment utilizing simple interfaces
- Underwater mounting and maintenance feasibility
- Strong operational support, both for system monitoring and maintenance
- Design by KONGSBERG Hydrodynamic Research Centre
- Low fuel consumption
- Effective manoeuvrability and station keeping
- Compact inboard installation
- Silent operation
- Fast response time
- Efficient maintenance and long service intervals
- Easy installation
- Strong equipment health monitoring capability
- High end Hydrodynamic support
- KONGSBERG global service support
CRUISE & PASSENGER
- Super/Mega Yachts
- Expedition cruise
- Rigs & Platforms
- Support vessels
- Heavy lift
- Windfarm installation
- Coastal with many port stops
- All-electric vessels
TECHNICAL DATA PULLING POD
|Max Power [kW]||2000||2700||3800||4600||6100||7500|
|Propeller diameter (m)||1.8-2.9||2.1-3.4||2.4-3.9||2.7-4.4||3.0-4.9||3.3-5.4|
|Shaft speed (rpm)||145-365||130-325||117-290||106-250||95-220||88-192|
|Approx. weight (tonnes)||30||41||50||65||80||100|
TECHNICAL DATA DUCTED POD
|BP thrust [tonnes]*||60||76||99||126|
|Propeller diameter [m]*||3.0||3.4||3,9||4.4|
|Approx. weight [tonnes]||57||72||90||115|
* With the larger propeller, the BP thrust can be achived at lower than max power.
Servicios y soporte
24/7 Technical support
Our 24/7 technical support team is there to help at any time, day or night, wherever your vessel is.
CONVERSIONS, RETROFIT AND REFIT
We understand the importance of having the right parts, available in the right place, at the right time.
Ensure that your crew is properly and thoroughly trained. This will reduce operational risk, downtime and maximise return on asset investment.