Permanent Magnet Azimuth thruster
The Permanent Magnet Azimuth thruster is a new addition to the Kongsberg Maritime family of thrusters, building on a completely new approach to thruster design and motor integration. The AZ-PM meets operational requirements with focus on performance and reliability.
The AZ-PM has been engineered with high reliability and low lifecycle cost in focus. Using permanent magnet motor technology increases efficiency and makes the installation more compact, only the variable frequency drive unit is located in the thruster room, freeing up space on board.
The AZ-PM will meet the strictest requirements for performance, noise and vibration, and will be an excellent choice for operations where low noise and high performance is required.
The AZ-PM has a fully integrated permanent magnet motor and a propeller running on roller bearings, supported by a fixed central shaft. The central shaft is supported by stays. These stays recover some of the swirl energy created by the propeller, providing additional thrust.
The Kongsberg Maritime thruster has been developed following strict requirements to quality. The thruster contains only one moving part compared to mechanical tunnel thrusters, and thus has fewer components subject to wear and tear.
The thruster is approved for EAL (Environmentally Approved Lubricant) and the oil volume in the thruster is significantly reduced compared to other azimuth thrusters.
The AZPM consist of
- Nozzle with Permanent magnet motor
- Monoblock fixed pitch propeller
- Lubrication system
- Inboard part with steering gear
- Easy installation system mechanical and electrical
Thruster seen from above
Thruster seen from above
AZ-PM Azimuth thruster benefits
- Highly efficient electric Azimuth Thruster with integrated Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM).
- Efficient and space saving PM technology with high torque density.
- Designed for integration to a variety of drive make/supplier.
- Optimized propulsion and system efficiency utilizing excellent hydrodynamic performance in combination with a high torque density and a PM-motor.
- Fast response times to full power give improved maneuverability and operability and anti-roll function capability (~2 sec 0-75% thrust).
- Excellent noise and vibration level, structural and underwater radiated noise (URN).
- Optimal nozzle design with PM-motor integrated ensure highly efficient propulsion system in all operation conditions (designed for low drag up to 16 knot). Flexible design with tilted thruster as option.
- Environmentally friendly – Green propulsion with limited oil volume (EAL-oil approved).
- Robust and reliable design with few rotatating parts and reduced failure modes. Robust center shaft carries all propeller loads.
- Simplified system design with limited auxiliary equipment and reduced installation time of unit.
- Reduced footprint, no additional cooling required, thruster unit cooled by surrounding seawater.
- Reduced maintenance and lifecycle cost.
- Long service intervals (15 year main overhaul).
- Prepared for easy adaption of EHM-system.
- Strong operational support.
TECHNICAL DATA AZ-PM 2600
|Propeller diameter (mm)||2600|
|Power range (continuous rating)(kW)||1500 - 2600|
|Nominal speed (rpm)||0 – 200|
|Max. output thrust (kN)||440*|
|Oil Volume (dm3)||1020*|
|Total dry weight (kg)||38 000*|
|Propeller type||Propeller, Fixed Pitch|
|Direction of rotation||CW / CCW|
|Drive||AFE or 12- pulse drive*|
* Approximate values provided for information only. Actual thrust may vary for given applications. All data is subject to change without prior notice.
Servicios y soporte
24/7 Technical support
Our 24/7 technical support team is there to help at any time, day or night, wherever your vessel is.
CONVERSIONS, RETROFIT AND REFIT
We understand the importance of having the right parts, available in the right place, at the right time.
Ensure that your crew is properly and thoroughly trained. This will reduce operational risk, downtime and maximise return on asset investment.