The Simrad ES38-18/200-18CR is a "two-in-one" combi transducer designed for fish finding and fishery research applications.
The Simrad ES38-18/200-18CR contains a 38 kHz split-beam transducer as well as a 200 kHz single beam transducer. Both offer 18 degrees beamwidth at their nominal operational frequencies. The split beam transducer is designed with three separate segments.
The transducer is normally mounted flush with the hull plating or the bottom of a blister. A clamping ring is used to secure the transducer body to a mounting ring welded into the hull plating or the bottom of a blister. The transducer can also be flush mounted at the bottom of a drop keel.
The transducer cable penetrates the hull using a stuffing tube and a cable gland.
- Nominal frequency: 38 and 200 kHz
- Circular beamwidth: 18 degrees (38 and 200 kHz)
- Cable length: 20 metres
- Weight (in air, with cable): 10.3 kg
End-user documentation and installation drawings
- Part number: 424437
- Clamping ring: 424535 (required, but not included in delivery)
- Mounting ring: 424534 (required, but not included in delivery)
- Transducer cable: 382189 (optional)