A large library of exercise areas is available with the Polaris bridge simulator. New areas are continuously added. Exercise areas will normally consist of the following types of databases:
- Radar databases
- Depth databases
- Buoy databases
- Chart databases
In addition the customer may add one or more of the following features for each exercise area:
Wave, Current, Wind, Tidal height, Fender, RDF stations, Bank, Sound, Navtex, DGPS, Artemis, HPR, VTS, Lock gates
Exercise area modelling tool
In order to make you able to create your own exercise areas and object we offer a 3D modelling tool. This is the same tool we use to create exercise areas. It allows you to give your models the same high fidelity as our standard KONGSBERG exercise areas.
The exercise area and object modelling tool support generation of visual terrain features, urban details, harbours, lighthouses and ship and objects in all sizes. A 3D modelling tool based on PRESAGIS' a powerful CREATOR modelling software. A unique tool with high precision, control, and accuracy for all levels of the scene and objects. With plugins for ECDIS import and optional DTED filter (Digital Terrain Elevation Data) import, CREATOR provides immersive control over the entire modelling process, and the polygon-based authoring system quickly generates optimised and highly detailed models and terrain for the marine simulation environment.
- Leading industry standard 3D modelling tool
- True WYSIWYG/ and real-time OpenGL direct rendered
- Wizards for high productivity
- Powerful photo texture control
- Tools for import and use of ECDIS charts
- Export for instructor chart, radar data, depths and navigational aids
- Extensive world-wide support and training
High fidelity hydrodynamic ship models
Sophisticated ship models are required to conduct effective training and research. We have a large library containing more than 100 advanced high fidelity models available for the Polaris bridge simulator. These models include not only the hydro and aerodynamics of the hull, but also models for ship’s equipment such as engines, steering gear, anchors and lines. New models are continuously added to our library.
Ship modelling tool - any ship type
In order to make you able to create your own ship models; a ship-modelling tool is available. This tool allows you to create any ship type. As a further option, it can be used to scale existing ship models from our library. The models created using this tool will have the same high fidelity as our standard KONGSBERG ship models. The ship model software can either run on the instructor station or on a separate PC connected to the simulator network.
- Extensive set of hull, machinery and propellers types
- Full support for Voith-Schneider (tug) and Becker rudder
- Highest possible precision using 64-bit algorithms
- Advanced fully automatic creation of documentation
- Full hydrodynamic effects for all vessel types
- Squat effects, both Barrass and Millward methods
- Lock and narrow canal model implemented
- Advanced wizard to create model parameters
Our evaluation system enables the instructor to make structured and objective assessment of trainee performance. Upon completion of an exercise it reports the trainee’s performance. The system is under full instructor control. Relevant evaluation criteria can easily be defined. These criteria’s are continuously monitored by the system throughout the exercise. If any variable goes outside pre-set limits, penalty points are accumulated. A normalised score for the exercise is calculated from the accumulated sum of penalty points.
Evaluation system benefits
- Monitoring of selected parameters, continuous or at selected stages.
- Comparing these with norm values, weighing and counting the deviation.
- Presenting these values and deviations in an understandable manner upon completion of the exercise.
It is possible to compare individual exercise performance values with other exercise results. Results can be averaged with other runs or with results of other trainees