Meet the present and future training needs of your crew with our advanced cargo-handling simulator, K-Sim® Cargo. Specifically developed for the maritime and offshore industry, the included cargo vessel models are certified by DNV GL and exceeds the existing STCW requirements.
Use a highly realistic training tool
The K-Sim Cargo simulator is highly realistic with models based on actual ship specifications and performance data. It provides high-quality training for all tasks, from dealing with details in a single sub-system to the overall running of a loading or discharge operation. It includes handling emergency situations.
Choose between desktop and full mission simulators
To fit your exact requirements, K-Sim Cargo can be configured for a desktop computer or an operational full mission simulator using custom panels and ship equipment. The e-learning module and floating licenses provide a cost-effective solution for training centers.
Customize and expand the system to your needs
With the flexible cargo-handling simulator system you can customize the solutions to your specific training needs. To meet your exact training needs, the cargo control room may be represented by any combination of interactive mimic panels, operational panels and consoles, or desktop computers. As your training needs change, you can always upgrade or expand K-Sim Cargo at any time.
Make training and student evaluation more professional
With complete, intuitive, and user-friendly control of student exercises, your instructors can develop customized exercise modules for individuals, teams, or a combination of both. Automatic recording of all activity during exercises, a replay function for debriefing, and a built-in assessment system make structured training and objective student evaluation easier than ever.
Provide realistic training scenarios
We tailor our customer training facility to your specific needs and develop training programs to help you meet your goals. The K-Sim Cargo architecture is extremely flexible and can be used across a range of different interfaces. K-Sim Cargo can be integrated with the K-Chief automation system. This provides your crew with a new level of realism by enabling training on equipment identical to what they will later operate on ships.
Integrate a surveillance camera
To provide your students with a more complete training scenario, you can integrate a closed-circuit television (CCTV) surveillance camera function into the K-Sim Cargo. As in live operations, the CCTV mode will give the student or operator the ability to see what is going on at the manifold, to check, for instance, for oil or gas leaks, or whether the loading arm is connected.
Benefit from an extensive model library
Our product line is under continuous development and currently includes the models below.
• Product tanker
• Chemical tanker
• LPG/ethylene tanker
• LNG tankers (membrane and spherical)
• Suezmax tanker
• Very large crude carrier (VLCC)
• Mobile offshore drilling unit (MODU)
• Semi-submersible heavy-lift ship float-on/float-off (FOFO)
Build competence the efficient way
Let your crew understand and operate the entire cargo- and ballast-handling system in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner. Whether you choose a K-Sim Cargo full mission simulator or a desktop computer simulator, students or employees will learn a vast array of skills thanks to the pedagogical value and high-fidelity realism.
Typical training applications include the following:
• Routine and emergency procedures
• Familiarization with all parts of the cargo system
• Planning for cargo loading and discharge
• Use of loading computer
• Line up for loading and ballasting
• Line up for discharge
• Stripping of tanks using vacuum and ejector systems
• Topping up and finalizing loading
• Aeration, inerting, and nitrogen supply
• Compressor systems, heaters, and boosters on LPG/E tankers
• LNG tankers with compressor systems and boil-off
• Multiple loading/discharge operations with flexible connections on chemical tankers
• Discharge pump operation with dynamic pump and system performance curves
• Flow control in relation to stability and mechanical forces
• Communication to terminal, deck, and cargo control room
Cover basic training requirements with our library of approved exercises
We offer a range of DNV GL SeaSkill-approved LNG exercises covering the basic training requirements for LNG operators.
• Exercise 1: Cargo tank drying
• Exercise 2: Nitrogen purging of inter barrier spaces
• Exercise 3: Inerting of cargo systems
• Exercise 4: Gassing up of cargo systems
• Exercise 5: Cooling down of cargo systems
• Exercise 6: Commence loading and deballasting
• Exercise 7: Complete loading
• Exercise 8: Loaded and ballast voyage BOG and forced vaporization
• Exercise 9: Ballast voyage tank cooling and BOG management
• Exercise 10: Discharging
• Exercise 11: Boil-off and tank warm-up
• Exercise 12: Gas freeing
• Exercise 13: Air purge
• Exercise 14: Gas freeing single tank
• Exercise 15: Preparation and manifold connection
• Exercise 16: Use of emergency cargo pump
• Exercise 17: Emergency discharge
• Exercise 18: Partly loading
• Exercise 19: Part discharge
• Exercise 20: Leaking cargo tank