Simrad SH80 Cleaning the transducer
Cleaning the sonar transducer
The transducer normally needs little attention. However, the transducer face must be inspected and cleaned when docking.
- Place the vessel in dry dock.
- Ensure that the distance between the vessel hull and the bottom of the dry dock is sufficient to lower the transducer.
- Lower the transducer.
- Perform a thorough check of the transducer. If necessary, clean the transducer.
- To clean the transducer, use normal synthetic soap and water.
- To remove marine growth, use fine-grade sandpaper or emery paper.
- Do not use strong solvents.
- Do not attempt to scrape of marine growth with sheets of metal, screwdrivers or other tools made of metal or hard plastic.
- Do not use high pressure water to clean the transducer.
- Once inspection and cleaning has been done, hoist the transducer up into the trunk.
Refer to your user manual for a more detailed procedure.