On our K-Sim Connect platform we offer a remote simulator solution, which is an exclusive subscription-based service facilitating high-quality simulation training beyond the traditional classroom.
KONGSBERG’S REMOTE SIMULATOR SOLUTION
The remote solution enables you as instructor to get unlimited remote access to your own KONGSBERG simulators. This allows you to manage and distribute your own exercises to your students, who can join virtual classes and gain invaluable preparation for their exams.
With K-Sim Connect’s remote solutions, it’s totally up to you to manage and give your students access to online simulation training; you don’t need to book any simulator time at an external support center.
By using your own simulators, you can deliver your exercises using your existing shipmodels, sailing areas and simulator configuration as you already have available, or create new exercises if you prefer. All exercises are stored on the system to avoid the need to start all over again, and you have the same ability to monitor and assess the students’ performance as with a physical on-premise simulator.
KONGSBERG SIMULATORS AVAILABLE FOR REMOTE TRAINING
K-Sim Connect’s remote solution is an exclusive subscription-based service we offer our customers in order to facilitate high-quality simulation training beyond traditional education at the school and training center.
The application allows you to run virtual classroom training and all our K-Sim simulators are offered with a remote solution.
- Installed K-Sim desktop, part task or full mission simulators
- A sufficient internet connection is required during the simulation.
- The system will work on Windows and Mac operating systems, including iOS and Android.
- The frame rate on the visual system will depend on the available bandwidth of the remote connection
- Some sites have a network setup of real ECDIS systems that is not connected directly to our simulator network. Additional network hardware (switch and network cards) will then be required.
- For communications, we recommend using Skype, Teams or a similar communication program.