K-Sim VTS - Vessel Traffic Service System includes K-Sim Navigation integrated with Kongsberg Norcontrol's VTS system and is specially designed for VTS operator training in order to improve safety and efficiency of vessel traffic and to protect the environment.
The simulator exceeds the relevant recommendations as stated in IALA model courses V-103/1 and V-103/2.
• procedures according to IALA model courses; V-103/1 and V-103-2
• cooperation and understanding between the ship and the shore to conduct safe operations of vessels in a VTS area
• navigational decision making • management of traffic within a port or waterway
• communication procedures and instructions between VTS operator and shipmasters
VTS operator station
The VTS operator station is based on Kongsberg Norcontrol IT's real operator station VOC 5060 software delivered to a large number of ports around the world. Our modular design allows any communication system to be provided, and makes adaptation to special training requirements easy.
To create realistic communication and traffic patterns for the VTS operators, up to 16 smaller K-Sim Navigation ship/bridge stations can be provided.
Much effort has gone into the design of our instructor and debriefing facilities. This has resulted in the most user-friendly and flexible workstation available today. Our debriefing equipment includes colour printers, large screen projectors, communication recording, etc.
Own ships bridges
Where required one or more full mission bridges can be connected to provide nautical knowledge (module 4), combining VTS and K-Sim Navigations.
We have a large library of exercise areas. New areas are continuously added. Exercise areas will normally consist of radar, depth, buoy and VTS chart.
In addition to Radar targets the instructor may add transponder target tracks. These will appear on the VOC with symbol and ID tag depicting target identity; position, course and speed, regardless of Radar coverage and without VOC operator acquiring the target.
- Up to 16 VTS operator stations
- Radar and chart display
- AIS targets
- Exceeds relevant recommendations stated in IALA model courses V-103/1 and V-03/2