Meet the present and future training needs of your crew with our advanced cargo-handling simulator, K-Sim Cargo. Specifically developed for the maritime and offshore industry, the included cargo vessel models are certified by DNV GL and exceeds the existing IMO/STCW requirements.
Liquid Cargo Handling Simulator
Use a highly realistic training tool
The K-Sim Cargo simulator is highly realistic with models based on actual ship specifications and performance data. It provides high-quality training for all tasks, from dealing with details in a single sub-system to the overall running of a loading or discharge operation. It includes handling emergency situations.
Build competence the efficient way
Let your students and crew understand and operate the entire cargo- and ballast-handling system in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner. Whether you choose a K-Sim Cargo full mission simulator or a desktop computer simulator, students or employees will learn a vast array of skills thanks to the pedagogical value and high-fidelity realism.
Typical training applications include the following:
- Routine and emergency procedures
- Familiarization with all parts of the cargo system
- Planning for cargo loading and discharge
- Use of loading computer
- Line up for loading and ballasting
- Line up for discharge
- Stripping of tanks using vacuum and ejector systems
- Topping up and finalizing loading
- Aeration, inerting, and nitrogen supply
- Compressor systems, heaters, and boosters on LPG/E tankers
- LNG tankers with compressor systems and boil-off
- Multiple loading/discharge operations with flexible connections on chemical tankers
- Discharge pump operation with dynamic pump and system performance curves
- Flow control in relation to stability and mechanical forces
- Communication to terminal, deck, and cargo control room
Choose between desktop and full mission simulators
To fit your exact requirements, K-Sim Cargo can be configured for a desktop computer or an operational full mission simulator using custom panels and ship equipment.
Delivered with two or three screens for each student stations. Suitable as class room set up. With one or two instructor stations and from one and up to 25 student stations per class room. The most common set up is 6-8 student stations.
Full Mission Set up
Normal set up is with an instructor station a cargo control room and one deck area. The deck area can also contain big view and or 3D deck for local operation. Big View option is presently available for a couple of models. 3D deck only for Suezmax and VLCC.
Did you know we have eLearning modules?
Several of our simulators are now available as eLearning modules on K-Sim Connect, which is our platform and ecosystem for maritime simulation and training. Our eLearning modules will enable you as an instructor to manage and distribute high-quality simulation exercises to your students, who can practice and prepare for their exams in their own pace - anytime and anywhere.K-Sim eLearning
Customize and expand the system to your needs
With the flexible cargo-handling simulator system you can customize the solutions to your specific training needs. To meet your exact training needs, the cargo control room may be represented by any combination of interactive mimic panels, operational panels and consoles, or desktop computers. As your training needs change, you can always upgrade or expand K-Sim Cargo at any time.
Provide realistic training scenarios
We tailor our simulator solutions to your training facility’s specific needs and objectives. The K-Sim Cargo architecture is extremely flexible and can be used across a range of different interfaces. K-Sim Cargo can be integrated with the K-Chief automation system. This provides your crew with a new level of realism by enabling training on equipment identical to what they will later operate on ships.
Make training and student evaluation more professional
With complete, intuitive, and user-friendly control of student exercises, your instructors can develop customized exercise modules for individuals, teams, or a combination of both. Automatic recording of all activity during exercises, a replay function for debriefing, and a built-in assessment system make structured training and objective student evaluation easier than ever.
Benefit from an extensive model library
Our product line is under continuous development and currently includes the models below.
K-Sim cargo models
- Mobile offshore drilling unit (MODU)
- Semi-submersible heavy-lift ship float-on/float-off (FOFO)
All our K-Sim Cargo models exceeds the IMO STCW requirements for simulators and are certified by DNV-GL to their simulator requirements in DNV-GL ST-0033 2017 - Standard and advanced training for ship officers
Simulators can be used to conduct the following IMO Courses:
- IMO 1.01 Tanker Familiarization
- IMO 1.02 Specialized Training for Oil Tankers
- IMO 1.04 Specialized Training for Chemical Tankers
- IMO 1.06 Specialized Training for Liquefied Gas Tankers
- IMO 1.37 Chemical Tanker Cargo and Ballast Handling Simulator
- IMO 2.06 Oil Tanker Cargo and Ballast Handling Simulator