Pielstick 6PC Multi Purpose Vessel M21
K-Sim Engine Pielstick 6PC20 Multi Purpose model's propulsion machinery is based on two Pielstick 6PC20 medium speed, 6 cylinder, 4- stroke, turbo-charged, non-reversible diesel engines. The main engine models respond dynamically to variations in operation and conditions of the ship model and the ship models have mutual responses to the main engine models.
The main engines are coupled to a propeller shaft with controllable pitch propeller, via a reduction gear and an air-operated clutch. Also a shaft generator is attached the reduction gear.
The propulsion plant may be operated in combinator/ split/ economy/ shaft generator mode. The electrical power plant includes two diesel engine driven generators, one shaft driven generator and one emergency generator.
The K-Sim Engine Pielstick 6PC20 Multi Purpose Vessel M21 model is designed to be a valuable tool in the basic and advanced training of marine engineers. The training objectives are to train junior engineers in basic engine room operations, senior engineers in emergency operations and trouble shooting, and to train senior and chief engineers in optimal operation, fuel economy and energy conservation. This is achieved by controlled training, leading to better understanding of the total plant operation, as a result of realistic simulation of a real engine room.
Compliant with industry requirements
Kongsberg Digital simulator models exceed requirements in the STCW convention, Regulation 1/12 and fulfill DNV GL’s standard DNVGL-ST-0033 for Maritime Simulator Systems.
MODEL MAIN SPECIFICATIONS
High fidelity engine room systems include:
- Sea & LT/HT fresh water systems, incl. FW generators
- Ballast tanks
- Electrical Power plant, incl. diesel- and shaft generator
- Start and service air compressors, incl. control air
- Steam generation plant , incl. oil fired and exhaust boilers
- Diesel and heavy fuel oil systems, incl. tanks, separators and viscomenters
- Lubricating oil systems, incl. separator
- Stern tube systems
- Reduction gears and systems, incl. clutches for propeller shaft and shaft generator
- Propeller servo LO systems
- Turbocharger systems
- Main engine control system, incl. bridge, ECR and local control
- Split, Combinator, Economy, Shaft generator modes
- Bilge wells and bilge separator
- CPP stern and bow thrusters
- Refridgeration systems
- Course control, incl. Autopilot
Note: Specifications subject to change without any further notice.